No registration required

[Q] Saferoot issues

OP Commies

19th February 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
More
Hey, I just factory reset my phone and now I'm re rooting it using saferoot which I have done in the past. I have followed the instructions and have USB debugging on and clicked ok when it asked to be authorized. I also have kies and everything else all good. I run the app and press a key and it gets stuck here

[*] Testing adb usability

Plug in your phone and Press any key to continue . . .

I press a key like it says and it doesn't move and it's been nearly an hour now.
19th February 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2,036

5,593 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commies

Hey, I just factory reset my phone and now I'm re rooting it using saferoot which I have done in the past. I have followed the instructions and have USB debugging on and clicked ok when it asked to be authorized. I also have kies and everything else all good. I run the app and press a key and it gets stuck here

I press a key like it says and it doesn't move and it's been nearly an hour now.

What happens when you unplug, restart both your phone and computer then try again?
19th February 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commies

Did you turn on USB debugging? Developer Options is hidden by default on 4.3. You have to goto settings/about phone/ then repeated tap on the build number area. Will pop up something like "a couple more clicks and you'll be a developer" or something close. Keep pressing.... then you should have developer options in your settings menu. Make sure to check "USB debugging"

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

What happens when you unplug, restart both your phone and computer then try again?

Sorry, just re-read your post. The USB debugging was my issue last night
20th February 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlrFan

Did you turn on USB debugging? Developer Options is hidden by default on 4.3. You have to goto settings/about phone/ then repeated tap on the build number area. Will pop up something like "a couple more clicks and you'll be a developer" or something close. Keep pressing.... then you should have developer options in your settings menu. Make sure to check "USB debugging"

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Sorry, just re-read your post. The USB debugging was my issue last night

Idk why but it randomly started working. Everything was right.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread