Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Defective Home and Power Button ?

Tip us?
 
cantfindanick
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 70
Join Date: Sep 2013
Thumbs down [Q] Defective Home and Power Button ?

I purchased my 10.1 2014 8 days ago and home button gives an unhealty click sound when is press it, it feels like if it is getting stuck under bezel for a moment. It also gets completly stuck under bezel if i move it slightly towards screen ( Button does not comes back up)

About the power button, it is harder to press than the ones on retail stores (about %50).

Can anyone reproduce such as examples ? (especially home button) i will be taking my unit service if it is not a common thing.
 
benni_1994
Old
#2  
benni_1994's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 432
Posts: 712
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Friedrichshafen
My home button does not behave like that no matter how hard it is pressed. The power button feels like the volume rockers and not harder to press.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
 
gamerdad09
Old
(Last edited by gamerdad09; 17th February 2014 at 02:49 PM.)
#3  
gamerdad09's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 186
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantfindanick View Post
I purchased my 10.1 2014 8 days ago and home button gives an unhealty click sound when is press it, it feels like if it is getting stuck under bezel for a moment. It also gets completly stuck under bezel if i move it slightly towards screen ( Button does not comes back up)

About the power button, it is harder to press than the ones on retail stores (about %50).

Can anyone reproduce such as examples ? (especially home button) i will be taking my unit service if it is not a common thing.
Mine does not do this. Home button is firm, but not hard to push. No sticking or wiggle present either. (Black, US P600 Wifi)
____________________________________
:Current Android Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S4 [VZW, Rooted Stock 4.4.2 deodex]
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 SM-P600 [Stock]
Nexus 7 2013 FHD [Rooted Stock]
 
fantasmanegro
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 430
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantfindanick View Post
I purchased my 10.1 2014 8 days ago and home button gives an unhealty click sound when is press it, it feels like if it is getting stuck under bezel for a moment. It also gets completly stuck under bezel if i move it slightly towards screen ( Button does not comes back up)

About the power button, it is harder to press than the ones on retail stores (about %50).

Can anyone reproduce such as examples ? (especially home button) i will be taking my unit service if it is not a common thing.
i have this home button "problem" (in fact, this is the second device)... maybe some units came with this problem for example ... the units released from october 2013 to december 2013...

it's not big deal but it feels like cheap build quality for an expensive device...
 
cantfindanick
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 70
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasmanegro View Post
i have this home button "problem" (in fact, this is the second device)... maybe some units came with this problem for example ... the units released from october 2013 to december 2013...

it's not big deal but it feels like cheap build quality for an expensive device...
thank you for answer. Which color was your device ? Mine is white but i can switch to black if problem does not exists there. I also agree that it feels cheap. I bought device this month with latest updates already installed (I guess it is a new production).
 
kkretch
Old
#6  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 408
Posts: 887
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: near Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantfindanick View Post
I purchased my 10.1 2014 8 days ago and home button gives an unhealty click sound when is press it, it feels like if it is getting stuck under bezel for a moment. It also gets completly stuck under bezel if i move it slightly towards screen ( Button does not comes back up)

About the power button, it is harder to press than the ones on retail stores (about %50).

Can anyone reproduce such as examples ? (especially home button) i will be taking my unit service if it is not a common thing.
My home button has a lot of travel and a click when pressing but I don't have any drag or sticking.

My power button is not hard to press but I do notice that it works best pressed in the center, if you don't it seems to rock.
If I was helpful please press the thanks button

My Devices
32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition SM-P600ZKVXAR
16GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZWYXAR
16GB Blackberry Playbook
64GB Blackberry Playbook - retired
8GB 1st Gen Kindle Fire - TWRP/AOKP Jellybean - retired
User Built PC - i5/2500K @ 4500khz - Windows 7 ultimate
 
fantasmanegro
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 430
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantfindanick View Post
thank you for answer. Which color was your device ? Mine is white but i can switch to black if problem does not exists there. I also agree that it feels cheap. I bought device this month with latest updates already installed (I guess it is a new production).
the color of my device is white and the left speaker is dancing a little bit too!
 
Peeodee
Old
#8  
Peeodee's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 28
Join Date: Dec 2011
My home button on the Tab 3 10.1 isn't as smooth as all my other Tabs including the Note 10.1 2014 but it doesn't get stuck.


Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

Tags
crapware, home button issue, note 10.1 2014 edition, physical buttons, samsung
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes