[Q] Root

OP nviz22

20th February 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

539 posts
I just rooted my Note 3 and am I trying to access the hidden menu to activate band 4 LTE for AT&T. Each time I use a file editor, it says I have no permissions to save the file. I even used Super User being flashed, but that caused problems and my phone unrooted itself (strange, idk why.) How can I enable the hidden menu without permissions? I really need LTE on AT&T because the HSPA and HSPA+ speeds are atrocious. Any help will be appreciated.
20th February 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 140

853 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22

I just rooted my Note 3 and am I trying to access the hidden menu to activate band 4 LTE for AT&T. Each time I use a file editor, it says I have no permissions to save the file. I even used Super User being flashed, but that caused problems and my phone unrooted itself (strange, idk why.) How can I enable the hidden menu without permissions? I really need LTE on AT&T because the HSPA and HSPA+ speeds are atrocious. Any help will be appreciated.

I would recommend that you use root browser. That way you can edit the value, using the built in text editor. I used this my app, to edit the service menu value to ON then save it. After saving I would reboot your phone to make sure the changes were saved in the build prop. After your phone reboots, type this in the dialer: *#060# and you should recieve an MEID number that should look something like this: 9849098408940/00

Then you can access your hidden menu by typing in : *#27663368378# from there you can turn enable band 4 and LTE-AWS if it's available in your area. Good luck and happy testing If you have further questions, please have a look at this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530523
The Following User Says Thank You to tw1n5nak35 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread