Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note 3 just got CM Source Code

Tip us?

mattyp92
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm pretty sure I am not going to to need the source for the stock version for the Note 3, I am going to need to find the P-600's source though. I am going to get started this weekend.

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

Devices:
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Safestrapped Hyperdrive RLS14
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Stock Rooted (RIP )

ilayron8
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp92 View Post
I'm pretty sure I am not going to to need the source for the stock version for the Note 3, I am going to need to find the P-600's source though. I am going to get started this weekend.

Are you talking about the CyanogenMod source?

ilayron8
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:

Did you start working on the ROM?

mattyp92
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilayron8 View Post
Did you start working on the ROM?
My P600 just broke this morning (dropped it on accident and broke screen, went into bootloop after trying to boot into recovery) so I am not going able to test it. I have been studying the CM source for the note 3, original note 10.1 wifi, note 8 wifi, and the Note 10.1 2014 stock source the last couple weeks and should be able to try and throw something together but have no idea if I will be able to get it working since I can't test it.

HumanCaviar
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
My P600 just broke this morning (dropped it on accident and broke screen, went into bootloop after trying to boot into recovery) so I am not going able to test it. I have been studying the CM source for the note 3, original note 10.1 wifi, note 8 wifi, and the Note 10.1 2014 stock source the last couple weeks and should be able to try and throw something together but have no idea if I will be able to get it working since I can't test it.
Bummer, sorry to hear about the loss! I can help test, though you'll want more than one, any other takers? I live like 10 min from you (Foxboro), so we could always attempt a coffee house meet up/test/troubleshoot session.
Smash that thanks button!
It better positions me to help others in the future.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HumanCaviar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattyp92
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanCaviar View Post
Bummer, sorry to hear about the loss! I can help test, though you'll want more than one, any other takers? I live like 10 min from you (Foxboro), so we could always attempt a coffee house meet up/test/troubleshoot session.
I'm basically at the point where I have source from 3 different ROMs open and I am trying to see what changes were made between each one to port CM to each device already. I should have some actual working (though not finished) in about a week or so if my schedule allows for it. This is my first ROM so it is pretty much just a learning process. I go to school and work full time so most of the work is done in the VERY limited free time I actually have. If I get anything I feel comfortable enough that it won't brick your device, I will let you know.