T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Overheating?

OP imranh101

16th February 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

137 posts
I have been using my phone to install apps, etc for about 30 minutes.

Then installed and played Dead Trigger 2 for about 5 minutes.

Went to take some food out of the oven, came back and phone was off.
Turned it back on and about 3 seconds later it says "High temperature detecting, shutting down...." and phones goes off.

I got the phone yesterday, used it to browse web and stuff for hours with no problem.

Rooted and CWM'd, then played dead trigger 2 for 10 minutes and it's overheated.

I DO have SetCPU installed and set to ondemand, possible that it was (obviously since Dead Trigger was running) running at max clocks for that 10 minutes and caused it to over heat?

Took my case off and felt the phone, didn't feel hot at all anywhere, so not sure if it really overheated or not...?
16th February 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag V-Town
Thanks Meter: 488

1,079 posts
Donate to Me
More
I was having over heating issues when I first got my G Pro. I called LG Technical support. He told me to do a soft system reset.
With the phone on pull the battery out. leave the battery out for 5 minutes. Reinstall battery. It fixed my overheating issues.
But had it not worked. He said I would have to send it back and do a warranty exchange.
Luckily it worked for me.

16th February 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by esimon311

I was having over heating issues when I first got my G Pro. I called LG Technical support. He told me to do a soft system reset.
With the phone on pull the battery out. leave the battery out for 5 minutes. Reinstall battery. It fixed my overheating issues.
But had it not worked. He said I would have to send it back and do a warranty exchange.
Luckily it worked for me.

lol, since I traded Randy on craigslist for the phone, I'm sure it's not under warranty, hopefully the soft reset will fix it (Assuming I have the problem again)
I underclocked it to max at 1.2ghz, i'm sure that will help too.
16th February 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

61 posts
I was having the same problem... when the phone would get hot and shut off to the point that I had to send it in for warranty... odd thing was that when I rebooted my battery charge would go from around sixty percent down to around twenty... I ordered a new battery and going to see if it was a battery issue...

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
18th February 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #5  
Flag Saint Cloud, Florida
Thanks Meter: 556

1,279 posts
More
If you're with AT&T they'll replace the phone free of charge. Seems to be a software or hardware related issue. You don't even need a warranty for them to replace it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th February 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

61 posts
Just to update.... I got my new battery and my phone works perfect....doesn't overheat anymore and no more reboots or shut downs... must have been some fault in the battery...

20th February 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicBlue

Just to update.... I got my new battery and my phone works perfect....doesn't overheat anymore and no more reboots or shut downs... must have been some fault in the battery...

I'm wondering if this is the problem. It's clearly an offbrand chinese battery, so after I get my new back cover and another paycheck, may order a new battery as well.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread