5,605,835 Members 48,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cant get g2 in usb debug mode?

Tip us?
 
Dri94
Old
#1  
Dri94's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 544
Posts: 1,690
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Florida

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Cant get g2 in usb debug mode?

Hey, i just bout the lg g2 today. I cant seem to get it into debugging mode to root. I checked it in developer options. i just installed the lg drivers, but it still wont go into debugging mode. i dont get the little debug icon in the notification drawer.
 
Steamer86
Old
#2  
Steamer86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 706
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Baltimore
Only does on modem.
 
3Dmaniac
Old
#3  
3Dmaniac's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: tbilisi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer86 View Post
Only does on modem.
and how can you select that mode? from where?
 
bachera
Old
#4  
bachera's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 1,027
Join Date: Sep 2013
looks lile when you connect to computer you get screen on how you like to connect. connect as charging. then disconnect reconnect. prompt will come again, this time ignore and press back, then you see rsa stuff prompt and can allow it
 
1ManWolfePack
Old
#5  
1ManWolfePack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1535
Posts: 2,095
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachera View Post
looks lile when you connect to computer you get screen on how you like to connect. connect as charging. then disconnect reconnect. prompt will come again, this time ignore and press back, then you see rsa stuff prompt and can allow it
I'm going to try your trick. I can't get ADB to recognize my phone.

I've been doing this for 4 years on multiple devices. Getting frustrated.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
 
RubbleTea
Old
#6  
RubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 144
Posts: 584
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManWolfePack View Post
I'm going to try your trick. I can't get ADB to recognize my phone.

I've been doing this for 4 years on multiple devices. Getting frustrated.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
If this doesn't work could be your driver.....could try lg united or universal drivers if this is the case...hopefully not though!
 
1ManWolfePack
Old
#7  
1ManWolfePack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1535
Posts: 2,095
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbleTea View Post
If this doesn't work could be your driver.....could try lg united or universal drivers if this is the case...hopefully not though!
Nothing. I've tried about every driver and trick out there. Shows like this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392867474052.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	2589776

Windows 8.1 Asus. Stock USB cable.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
 
RubbleTea
Old
#8  
RubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 144
Posts: 584
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManWolfePack View Post
Nothing. I've tried about every driver and trick out there. Shows like this:
Attachment 2589776

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Oh have you tried koush universal drivers?
 
1ManWolfePack
Old
#9  
1ManWolfePack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1535
Posts: 2,095
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbleTea View Post
Oh have you tried koush universal drivers?
Yep. Nothing will show ADB in device manager. It's driving me nuts. Lol.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

UnbelovedHosts Uses Xposed to Block Unwanted Connections

First popularized by mvps, hosts-based ad blocking has become the de facto standard … more

March of the Droids 2014 Just Two Weeks Away; It’s Not Too Late to Register

If you want to attend an Android developers’ … more

Android App Review: Auto Config Free – XDA Developer TV

In this weeks episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, we talked about customization of … more

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more