Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

fail Editing Build.prop

Tip us?

elmy2424
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default fail Editing Build.prop

i edited the line ro.build.type=user to ro.build.type=dev in the build.prop file for write a new prl on my evo but i forget to give the permissions...

now my phone just stay black after the htc quietly brilliant screen...

how can i solve this?

thanks...

mvmacd
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmy2424 View Post
i edited the line ro.build.type=user to ro.build.type=dev in the build.prop file for write a new prl on my evo but i forget to give the permissions...

now my phone just stay black after the htc quietly brilliant screen...

how can i solve this?

thanks...
What recovery do you use? it should have adb enabled
Do you have adb setup and know how to use it?

basically what you want to do is pull the build.prop file to your computer, then edit it with Notepad [or whichever text editor you prefer]. I actually haven't edited my build.prop in so long that I don't even remember where it is.
[use "adb shell" to start a shell to find the location [use "ls" and "cd" to list and change directory, respectively]
but once you find the full path:

Code:
adb pull /data/build.prop ./
Or wherever build.prop is, make sure to update that. it will put it in the current directory of your cmd prompt/terminal. [so if you don't know, first "cd" into somewhere like "cd C:\Users\Matt\Desktop"]

Then once you edit it back:
Code:
adb push ./build.prop /data/build.prop
to push it back on your device.

If you can't get adb to work or your recovery doesn't have it, perhaps you could use TWRP. I think it has a rudimentary file browser, it might let you edit files too, not completely sure.

I hope that I helped a little bit
Current devices | Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 (2013),

Previous devices | HTC Evo 4G LTE, Nexus 10, HTC Rezound, Nexus 7, Samsung Fascinate