[Q] Stuck at stock bootloader

Search This thread
Feb 8, 2011
Kemaman
I am such a noob and suck at rooting.I got problem during rooting my kindle fire,here's the stories.I try to search all the way in the forum. But,all of it not working. Could you guys help me ?

1) follow root instruction and downloaded KFU
2) successfully installed superuser and go launcher
3) TWRP or CWR or FFF doesn't appear when i reboot back my device to flash custom rom.
4) I tried to run install_driver and run it again and select bootmode menu
5) I choose 3 for recovery.and its brick.luckily i could switch off my kindle.but when i wanna turned it on,its doesnt return to home menu.its stuck at the stock bootloader.

I'm hoping you guys could help me and suggest me the way how to solve it.
I also attach some screen shot of the kindle and my notebooks when i plugged in usb cable in.

Cheers.

h7cw1k2.jpg

xVcbMw3.jpg

Feb 8, 2011
Kemaman
it seems to be in fastboot mode - you have to fix your windows driver for fastboot mode, then you can continue with kfu.

driver (under android phone):
normal & recovery boot: -> android composite adb interface
fastboot: -> android adb interface

detailed explanation here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23747671&postcount=2

thanks for the advice.I will try it after this and inform you back. Btw, do i need kindle usb cable? for fastboot, since i purchased used kindle so the seller didnt gimme those cable. im currently using sony micro usb cable.

b63

Dec 8, 2011
Im8jxWJ.jpg
LZrjGMO.jpg

i already update my driver.and why in KFU,my device is offline.:confused:

your device seems to be in fastboot mode - you have selected the wrong driver.

normal boot -> adb commands YES -> fastboot commands NO
fastboot -> adb commands NO -> fastboot commands YES
recovery -> adb commands YES -> fastboot commands NO

if the device is in fastboot mode "adb status" is allways "offline".

if you have installed the right driver you can check manually
with "fastboot devices" and "fastboot getvar product".
if you get response to this commands you are good to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21th century apes
Feb 8, 2011
Kemaman
i finally able to install bootloader and twrp.i thought i never make a mistakes.but unfortunately,during time im backing up stock rom,(nandbackup).i check all the boxes (for the left side) and for right side nothing.its running,when completed.its show huge amount of data (around 780 mb).i really think dat tis is normal for backup.in twrp,and video by tom gt,time for backup for 10 minutes.but me,already 5 hour still stuck in twrp.cant go anywhere.

Feb 8, 2011
Kemaman

bro i hope you can help me solve tiz things off.during backup nand.for the first time.its stuck and as i mention previously its stuck 5 hours but for almost 2 days.its still not finish.am i brick my fire?am i miss out something?later i'll attach picture for your preferences.i think when i already booted up kindle fire,its consider no such big issues.maybe for me that not familiar.

b63

Dec 8, 2011
bro i hope you can help me solve tiz things off.during backup nand.for the first time.its stuck and as i mention previously its stuck 5 hours but for almost 2 days.its still not finish.am i brick my fire?am i miss out something?later i'll attach picture for your preferences.i think when i already booted up kindle fire,its consider no such big issues.maybe for me that not familiar.

if you managed to install bootloader and twrp then you are good to go.
you tried to make a backup of the stock firmware and now the twrp is stuck.
i don't know what options you checked, but this should be no problem.
just hold the power button for ~20sec till it turns off and try again.
check only options which exist on your device then the backup should be done in ~10min.

Feb 8, 2011
Kemaman
if you managed to install bootloader and twrp then you are good to go.
you tried to make a backup of the stock firmware and now the twrp is stuck.
i don't know what options you checked, but this should be no problem.
just hold the power button for ~20sec till it turns off and try again.
check only options which exist on your device then the backup should be done in ~10min.

Thank you dude.Finally im able to use custom rom.oh,yeah :D.Btw,i got one last question.Why i cant connect my kindle with computer.instead its show my kindle,its only charging.coz i need to backup all my stuff inside my kindle to computer.

b63

Dec 8, 2011
Thank you dude.Finally im able to use custom rom.oh,yeah :D.Btw,i got one last question.Why i cant connect my kindle with computer.instead its show my kindle,its only charging.coz i need to backup all my stuff inside my kindle to computer.

that depends on the rom you used. some have a option to enable this function.
the best advise would be to search or ask in the section of the rom you used.

great that it's working now - much fun with your kf :)

Reactions: 21th century apes
Feb 8, 2011
Kemaman
hey dude.im already killed my kindle fire and now its dead.here the stories :

i try to backup all my stuff to my computer.as what you told me before,i try to follow.pick ROM that have usb debugging option for transfering data.okay done.but when i transferring my data from kindle to pc.(i dunno what happen) accidentally my kindle fire hang and i disconnect all the cable hoping that my kindle fire will be okay.but thats the end of my kindle fire.its failed to boot.just plain black screen.when i plugged in the cable.led light blinking.like normal.red and yellow.but there's nothing i can do.i open up device manager on my pc,instead of android phone appeared during time im connecting my phone with pc,its appeared usb mass storage (code 10).device cant start and load.hope you could guide me.anybody.

all guide will be kindly appreaciated.thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it seems to be in fastboot mode - you have to fix your windows driver for fastboot mode, then you can continue with kfu.

driver (under android phone):

detailed explanation here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23747671&postcount=2
    no - every micro usb cable will work
    Im8jxWJ.jpg
    LZrjGMO.jpg

i already update my driver.and why in KFU,my device is offline.:confused:

that depends on the rom you used. some have a option to enable this function.
    the best advise would be to search or ask in the section of the rom you used.

great that it's working now - much fun with your kf :)