Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,490 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Simple yes or no question.

Tip us?

RealMuphukkinG
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Simple yes or no question.

Ive researched probably 7 minutes and do not have anymore time because I have to leave for work. Without lecturing me on how to search the forums, please for the sake of humanity, could someone answer this yes or no question.

Will faux 123 kernel work on my Stock Verizon Galaxy S3 schi535 4.1.2 unlocked bootloader with TWRP? I would be truly grateful if someome could provide their opinion if I should do this or not. My goal is to have a good gaming phone but still has battery to get me through the day.

Thank you

BattsNotIncld
Old
(Last edited by BattsNotIncld; 15th February 2014 at 11:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 110
Yes. Just make sure you flash the one made for d2vzw TouchWiz. I've never tried the kernel myself so I can't provide an opinion on it. Best thing to do is try it out and see how it runs.
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III
Current ROM: SlimKat

Previous Phone: Samsung Droid Charge (sold)
The Following User Says Thank You to BattsNotIncld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RealMuphukkinG
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thank you for your advice to use the d2vzw kernel. More likely than not, I would have flashed the incorrect kernel. I will give it a try.

Ill just go ahead and say,

THREAD CLOSED

RealMuphukkinG
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Hey, thanks again bro. Your suggestion probably saved me a huge amount of hassle because I more than likely would have flashed the wrong version. Ive been using root for nearly 3 years and this was my first time flashing a custom kernel/rom.

Incase anyone cares, faux123 kernel for vzw gs3 schi535 4.1.2 rooted unlocked bootloader is realer than real deal holyfield. I have completely gotten rid of the "homepage lag" after clearing the ram, and my battery is sitting at 70% after 12 hours of use.

Highly recommended.