OTA File Location on HTC One

Tip us?

hemal_s33
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default OTA File Location on HTC One

Hi,

I have downloaded OTA on my Telstra HTC One and would like to take out firmware.zip file from OTA file for easy flashing of stock recovery and boot image when I want to go back to stock.

I am not able to find the OTA.zip file anywhere on the phone. Does any one know exact location where this file is on the phone ?

Thanks

HTC One Black (S-OFF Firewater) with HBOOT 1.54.0000 / ARHD 13.3 / Android 4.2.2 / Sense 5.0 / TWRP 2.6.3.3

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 297
In downloads folder

hemal_s33
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
That's the first place I checked but there is nothing in there.
I even tried with Show Hidden Files option and could not find OTA zip file anywhere on the storage.
Is there a chance that it is stored on internal storage which is not accessible via USB

HTC One Black (S-OFF Firewater) with HBOOT 1.54.0000 / ARHD 13.3 / Android 4.2.2 / Sense 5.0 / TWRP 2.6.3.3

Jvov
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemal_s33 View Post
I even tried with Show Hidden Files option and could not find OTA zip file anywhere on the storage.
Is there a chance that it is stored on internal storage which is not accessible via USB
If you have root use ES file Explorer to find it anyware on your phone. Then upload it to DropBox and download it on your PC whenever you need.

Enviado de meu HTC One usando Tapatalk
If you want me to reply to you, make sure to Quote me or use @Jvov otherwise I will not be able to see your comment!

Devices: HTC ONE (M7_UL) 32GB | MOTOROLA MILESTONE 2 8GB (TIM) | IPHONE 5 16GB (VERIZON) | NVIDIA SHIELD 32GB (Italic and red = Not in use anymore)

Donate if you can and if I was helpful! http://goo.gl/QfJpW9

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2085
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemal_s33 View Post
check here: /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/cache/

however, I believe you need root access to be able to access that folder.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jvov
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvov View Post
If you have root use ES file Explorer to find it anywhere on your phone. Then upload it to DropBox and download it on your PC whenever you need.

If you want me to reply to you, make sure to Quote me or use @Jvov otherwise I will not be able to see your comment!

Devices: HTC ONE (M7_UL) 32GB | MOTOROLA MILESTONE 2 8GB (TIM) | IPHONE 5 16GB (VERIZON) | NVIDIA SHIELD 32GB (Italic and red = Not in use anymore)

Donate if you can and if I was helpful! http://goo.gl/QfJpW9