WiFi problem

OP anonymous724

31st January 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Deathrow
Thanks Meter: 206

342 posts
More
Hi, on my moto g the WiFi won't turn on. The bar goes across for literally half a second and it won't turn on. Stock UK KitKat, no root or anything changed. 3g works fine. I only switched to tesco mobile a couple of days ago (phone bought from tesco on contract). Any help?
I already factory reset it.
31st January 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
I'm having the same issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous724

Hi, on my moto g the WiFi won't turn on. The bar goes across for literally half a second and it won't turn on. Stock UK KitKat, no root or anything changed. 3g works fine. I only switched to tesco mobile a couple of days ago (phone bought from tesco on contract). Any help?
I already factory reset it.

I'm having the same issue with the stock Motorola for Telcel (I bought this phone from Telcel), I've installed the Google Play edition rom.
31st January 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

20 posts
I had this issue when I was installing several ROMs until I decided one. And if I'm honest, I don't know why this happened, nor what I did to 'fix'it.

I wondered that it was because of a bad ROM flashing, but if you have not even unlocked the bootloader... I don't know what to tell you.

Sorry
31st January 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
i'm having the same issue, stock 4.4.2

should i change the rom?
1st February 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Deathrow
Thanks Meter: 206

342 posts
More
I'm replacing phone under warranty, but hopefully problem won't happen again.
2nd February 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #6  
Flag Como
Thanks Meter: 3

58 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys,

i've a Moto G 16 Gb purchased on Amazon.De, so german phone. I live in italy and when i connect to wi fi no problem. When i go in switzerland and i try to connect to another wi fi net (my girlfriend's line) provided by Swisscom, it doesn't work: well, i insert passoword, but it cant connect ... i called Swisscom, they tried to reset router and so on , but still persist this problem. The person (swiss) that sells me the phone (i bought it as used) said that he has the swiss provider Cablecom and it didn't have any problem. I'm fully stock with 4.4.2 . Anyone has any idea? thank you

ps: with my galaxy s3 i have no problem both in italy and in switzerland
12th February 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

91 posts
Did you manage to fix it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano Pech

Hi guys,

i've a Moto G 16 Gb purchased on Amazon.De, so german phone. I live in italy and when i connect to wi fi no problem. When i go in switzerland and i try to connect to another wi fi net (my girlfriend's line) provided by Swisscom, it doesn't work: well, i insert passoword, but it cant connect ... i called Swisscom, they tried to reset router and so on , but still persist this problem. The person (swiss) that sells me the phone (i bought it as used) said that he has the swiss provider Cablecom and it didn't have any problem. I'm fully stock with 4.4.2 . Anyone has any idea? thank you

ps: with my galaxy s3 i have no problem both in italy and in switzerland

Hi there.
Did you manage to fix it? I have the same problem. Uk and Ecuador.
20th February 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
A probable solution
I have the same problem, i have find a ton of solutions but none have worked for me
20th February 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #9  
Flag Pune (IN), Düsseldorf (DE)
Thanks Meter: 106

440 posts
More
I had this problem only when i used faux kernel. But then i realized i did not copy the modules folder properly.
Maybe a bit off topic. But just to mention.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread