Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 51,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how do i remove the sound limiter?

Tip us?

WreckItRalph
Old
(Last edited by WreckItRalph; 20th February 2014 at 10:29 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default how do i remove the sound limiter?

Problem solved, thanks to everyone.

If anyone searches for this in the future, plug your phone in to headphones, or your car, or whatever. the unusable options under audio will light up. You can set it to several different settings.

WreckItRalph
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No one knows what to do? please help me, I can't take this much longer haha.

hawkeye29
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Did you really expect someone to answer your question within a day? Give it some time

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Besides , go to system/audio. Swipe to the left and turn on "audio leveling" in the enhancements page. Try that.

1/32 INF BN 10TH MTN DIV US ARMY
Why is the sky blue? Because God loves the Infantry

WreckItRalph
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Oh, got'cha, for some reason i didn't think it would take to long as I'm assuming this has been a problem in the past... How long does it usually take for a response? thanks

dergutehirte
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Maybe u should post some more information, like car/radio type how did u connect the phone with the car? bluetooth or headphonecabel?
Did u tried ur phone on an other sound devices and is it the same effect? was ur iphone louder? did u set ur phone volume to 30?

i think u should try to find out whats exactly the problem, if ur phone volume is at 30 there isnt that much u can do on ur phone. the problem must be somewhere else.

What music did u tried to play? did u try to play some other music, maybe some from xbox music?

WreckItRalph
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye29 View Post
Did you really expect someone to answer your question within a day? Give it some time

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Besides , go to system/audio. Swipe to the left and turn on "audio leveling" in the enhancements page. Try that.

Thanks man, but I don't even see that option anywhere in my settings. the closest thing is "audio" and it has an equalizer but I need headphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dergutehirte View Post
Maybe u should post some more information, like car/radio type how did u connect the phone with the car? bluetooth or headphonecabel?
Did u tried ur phone on an other sound devices and is it the same effect? was ur iphone louder? did u set ur phone volume to 30?

i think u should try to find out whats exactly the problem, if ur phone volume is at 30 there isnt that much u can do on ur phone. the problem must be somewhere else.

What music did u tried to play? did u try to play some other music, maybe some from xbox music?
car: Subaru Impreza Wrx, I use an audio cable (just a green cable with 2 audio jacks, one plugs into the head unit + the other plugs into my phone. I use this for my laptop as well, and the bass hits the way I would like when I have my laptop plugged in. I have noticed that when I am listening to music on my phone, it will drop to a very low level. I then turn off my phone, and turn it back on, and it will say the phones volume has dropped from anywhere between 10-20 instead of the maxed 30 I had it at. I'm not sure if thats related. I know its universal across my phone, as far as watching music videos I have on my phone, pandora, and youtube. It is strictly the phone adjusting my volume level, but telling me it is at 30. I somtimes get a notification that pops up and says "it can cause ear damage if you have your music to loud" and its really not that loud tbh.

hawkeye29
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckItRalph View Post
Thanks man, but I don't even see that option anywhere in my settings. the closest thing is "audio" and it has an equalizer but I need headphones.

car: Subaru Impreza Wrx, I use an audio cable (just a green cable with 2 audio jacks, one plugs into the head unit + the other plugs into my phone. I use this for my laptop as well, and the bass hits the way I would like when I have my laptop plugged in. I have noticed that when I am listening to music on my phone, it will drop to a very low level. I then turn off my phone, and turn it back on, and it will say the phones volume has dropped from anywhere between 10-20 instead of the maxed 30 I had it at. I'm not sure if thats related. I know its universal across my phone, as far as watching music videos I have on my phone, pandora, and youtube. It is strictly the phone adjusting my volume level, but telling me it is at 30. I somtimes get a notification that pops up and says "it can cause ear damage if you have your music to loud" and its really not that loud tbh.

Listen, the audio menu has two pages,

"equalizer" and "enhancements". Once you select audio in the system settings, it will show the equalizer page by default. Swipe to the enhancements page to select audio leveling.

1/32 INF BN 10TH MTN DIV US ARMY
Why is the sky blue? Because God loves the Infantry
The Following User Says Thank You to hawkeye29 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WreckItRalph
Old
(Last edited by WreckItRalph; 20th February 2014 at 10:27 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye29 View Post
Listen, the audio menu has two pages,

"equalizer" and "enhancements". Once you select audio in the system settings, it will show the equalizer page by default. Swipe to the enhancements page to select audio leveling.

I see this, but it is blacked out and will not let me turn it to on. :\ the only option I can use on this page is "flip to silence" :\

This is brilliant. It worked, I never tried having it plugged in. I had a whole bunch of stuff typed out to say thank you but I accidentally deleted it. So I'll keep it short and simple, thanks guys. I feel really dumb x)