Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP: Unable to return defective note (box missing)

Tip us?

Kimo377
Old
(Last edited by Kimo377; 20th February 2014 at 07:16 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HELP: Unable to return defective note (box missing)

I bought an open box note 10.1 a month ago but it turned out to be defective (screen frequently unresponsive on wake up) . I tried to replace it but they told me they need the box because it has the serial number. I lost the box but the serial is already stored on the device. My question is:1- Do they have the right to refuse replacing the device for not having a box 2- What should I do in this situation?

P.S I have one year warranty.

Serinety
Old
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
Where did you buy it? Seems most notable retailers, (bestbuy, frys, staples..etc) would have mo problem so long as you are within your return window. Although sometimes those items can be sold "as is". It would state in your reciept. It seems like a simple conversation with the manager would solve the problem.

Worst case, just have Samsung give you an RMA. I'm sure they will have no problem with that.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Serinety For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattyp92
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Just a suggestion, always keep the original box at least until the end of the warranty period. Besides that, contact samsung, if the retailer won't do anything you can always just request service.

Sent from my SCH-I545 running Hyperdrive RLS14 using XDA Premium app.

Devices:
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Safestrapped Hyperdrive RLS14
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Stock Rooted (RIP )
The Following User Says Thank You to mattyp92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kimo377
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serinety View Post
Where did you buy it? Seems most notable retailers, (bestbuy, frys, staples..etc) would have mo problem so long as you are within your return window. Although sometimes those items can be sold "as is". It would state in your reciept. It seems like a simple conversation with the manager would solve the problem.

Worst case, just have Samsung give you an RMA. I'm sure they will have no problem with that.

I bought it from souq.com. I've already passed the return window (2 weeks) but still have 11 months in warranty.

Kimo377
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp92 View Post
Just a suggestion, always keep the original box at least until the end of the warranty period. Besides that, contact samsung, if the retailer won't do anything you can always just request service.

Sent from my SCH-I545 running Hyperdrive RLS14 using XDA Premium app.
So in case the retailer refused to give me a replacement, how can I contact samsung about it? and how easy is it to get a replacement?

dalamario
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo377 View Post
So in case the retailer refused to give me a replacement, how can I contact samsung about it? and how easy is it to get a replacement?
You can search how to contact samsung on samsung website, it depend on your country, for US this is the link to find service location http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Then is up to samsung decide if you need a replacement or a repair.

madsquabbles
Old
Thanks Meter 250
serial number is on the back if it isn't worn off. you may need a magnifying glass to read it.

BclingergFJ
Old
Thanks Meter 11
This does not sound legit.

Via my Note 3

wingdo
Old
Thanks Meter 50
So they have a 14 day return policy, after 30 days you want to return it, they won't let you and you want to know if they have the right to refuse replacement?

Yes they do, even if you had the original box. You are outside the return period. Now it is up to Samsung to repair or replace under warranty.

Sent via Tapatalk and my thumbs.

Samsung Galaxy S4: Rooted de-bloated Stock 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: Stock, rooted, bloat frozen
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Stock, rooted, de-bloated

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Samsung Galaxy S4

Serinety
Old
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo377 View Post
How old are you.. out of curiosity. You should be pretty capable of figuring out how to contact Samsung without anyone's help. I think we are getting trolled.