5,595,000 Members 39,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for FM Radio

Tip us?
 
Mark930
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 204
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Looking for FM Radio

I just bout the Moto G google play edition and it does not come with the FM Radio app and im looking for the apk for it since i cant download from the play store cause its "incompatible" even though its the same hardware...
 
mrcorey
Old
(Last edited by mrcorey; 9th February 2014 at 02:28 AM.)
#2  
mrcorey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 225
Posts: 690
Join Date: Mar 2012
Try Spirit2. There's a thread on XDA with beta downloads that you shouldn't have to pay for.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537861

At this time Spirit2 only works on these rooted / AOSP devices:

bla bla bla

Motorola:
Moto G

bla bla bla
 
theoneofgod
Old
#3  
theoneofgod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 138
Posts: 647
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark930 View Post
I just bout the Moto G google play edition and it does not come with the FM Radio app and im looking for the apk for it since i cant download from the play store cause its "incompatible" even though its the same hardware...
SpiritFM works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcorey View Post
Try Spirit2. There's a thread on XDA with beta downloads that you shouldn't have to pay for.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537861

At this time Spirit2 only works on these rooted / AOSP devices:

bla bla bla

Motorola:
Moto G

bla bla bla
Spirit2 is far too basic right now, you can't even exit it properly.
Current Devices:
Moto G 16GB
Huawei Y300 (Black)
Alcatel OT-983 (Black) [Dead]
Nokia 2630
Xperia Play R800i (Black) [Dead]
Nexus 7 (16GB) [Returned]
 
Mark930
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 204
Join Date: Mar 2011
I'm not really interested in rooting right now is there a different app that doesn't require root? Unless rooting this phone is extremely easy don't feel like figuring it out right now.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
 
mrcorey
Old
#5  
mrcorey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 225
Posts: 690
Join Date: Mar 2012
No. Sorry. You'll have to use an app like tune in radio and stream local radio over data

Sent from my Moto G
 
theoneofgod
Old
#6  
theoneofgod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 138
Posts: 647
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark930 View Post
I'm not really interested in rooting right now is there a different app that doesn't require root? Unless rooting this phone is extremely easy don't feel like figuring it out right now.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
It's too easy thanks to XDA members.
Current Devices:
Moto G 16GB
Huawei Y300 (Black)
Alcatel OT-983 (Black) [Dead]
Nokia 2630
Xperia Play R800i (Black) [Dead]
Nexus 7 (16GB) [Returned]
 
stealthmopped
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2013
Isn't it possible to use the fm APK from the CM11 rom ???
Perhaps there are only some small modifications needed ???
 
wouter-visser
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Soest
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmopped View Post
Isn't it possible to use the fm APK from the CM11 rom ???
Perhaps there are only some small modifications needed ???
I tried that but it didn't work on my moto g with Infusion Rom (GPe based), even with proper permissions it didn't work.
My devices:
Lg Optimus 2x (Rooted with Cyanogenmod 10.1 and Kowalski Kernel)
Moto G (Rooted Stock 4.3 and xposed)
 
stealthmopped
Old
(Last edited by stealthmopped; 16th February 2014 at 08:03 PM.)
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2013
The normal spirit FM works on GPE with root when you go to
settings
audio
method
choose "digital auto" and wait a few seconds

Correction: Only works till you do a call.
 
reversegear
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 255
Posts: 601
Join Date: Jul 2011
found this in play store FM Player. it is a real FM tuner not the streaming one.
as description says
Quote:
An FM player to be used on FM-enabled Motorola devices.
i gave it a try but it is not working with xt1033. may be we should ask the developer to give an update with Moto G compitable

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...