[Q] Dual-booting Dell Venue 8 Pro with Android

Tip us?

rokkywoof
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Question Which Tablet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchiefb117 View Post
I about to take the plunge very soon. I just completed the usb part of the tut. I am gonna use the IA3 file. I guess Ill see what happens soon. I already took the time to offload my backup on a usb, initially to make more space since I got the 16gig which really left me with only 6-8 gb. Taking out the recovery partition made about 3.45 gb free from the tab.

I already disabled "Secure Boot"
After doing this and restarting this you will run into the problem about the bitlocker and needing to type in your bitlocker code from MS again. You could bypass and disable this by hitting disable bitlocker. But for the concern it will come up. I plan on making a thread for this and be the pioneer guy.

So yeah kinda scared to start it as I got this when MS store had there $99 deal.... waited for 8 hours till i got mine and hate to break it....
The lowest storage capacity on Dell's site for a Venue 8 Pro is 32 GB, so what tablet/model are you working with?

ihos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default willing to test

I have a Venue 8 Pro and I'm willing to test. I have a 16 GB USB 3.0 drive and a 16GB micro sd card. I'm aware of the 32-bit EFI loader. There must be somehow we can do a legacy boot or use the Fedora 32-bit efi loaders for Android-IA.

elixir_pr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I put the Android-IA on a flashdrive and tried booting to it from the boot menu. No success. I used the micro-usb to USB adapter for connection the flashdrive to the tablet.

hyphen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchiefb117 View Post
I about to take the plunge very soon. I just completed the usb part of the tut. I am gonna use the IA3 file. I guess Ill see what happens soon. I already took the time to offload my backup on a usb, initially to make more space since I got the 16gig which really left me with only 6-8 gb. Taking out the recovery partition made about 3.45 gb free from the tab.

I already disabled "Secure Boot"
After doing this and restarting this you will run into the problem about the bitlocker and needing to type in your bitlocker code from MS again. You could bypass and disable this by hitting disable bitlocker. But for the concern it will come up. I plan on making a thread for this and be the pioneer guy.

So yeah kinda scared to start it as I got this when MS store had there $99 deal.... waited for 8 hours till i got mine and hate to break it....
is there any update for this? I just got this tablet and i am willing to give it a shot.
how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

baldpenguin2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello I'm new to forums but I've been reading various ones about dualbooting android on windows 8 tabs. I have a venue 8 pro but can hardly find anything for it. There is a development forum for the Asus t100 that seems to be making progress, but that is for Linux, and I'm interested in android specifically. I read that a new android x86 was released that is based on 4.4. I also read its supported on all x86 devices except those with atom chips that have powerVR graphics. Does that mean that bay trail tablets could run it? I'm willing to test if someone else will too..

ILDaviz
Old
(Last edited by ILDaviz; 11th March 2014 at 03:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Asus t100 is not powerVR is Intel Gen 7 Ivy Bridge GPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldpenguin2 View Post
Hello I'm new to forums but I've been reading various ones about dualbooting android on windows 8 tabs. I have a venue 8 pro but can hardly find anything for it. There is a development forum for the Asus t100 that seems to be making progress, but that is for Linux, and I'm interested in android specifically. I read that a new android x86 was released that is based on 4.4. I also read its supported on all x86 devices except those with atom chips that have powerVR graphics. Does that mean that bay trail tablets could run it? I'm willing to test if someone else will too..

baldpenguin2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILDaviz View Post
Asus t100 is not powerVR is Intel Gen 7 Ivy Bridge GPU
Yes, I mean that the android x86 runs on all devices except those with powerVR(clover trail). So my question was whether there was anything else prohibiting it from running on bay trail devices such as the Asus t100 or the venue 8 pro

richardyiu
Old
Thanks Meter 11
No, devices such as Viewsonic ViewPad 10i and Ramos i10 Pro (both bay trail based) can dual boot Android and Windows. I hope devs can port Android from those devices to ours so we can dual boot too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldpenguin2 View Post
Yes, I mean that the android x86 runs on all devices except those with powerVR(clover trail). So my question was whether there was anything else prohibiting it from running on bay trail devices such as the Asus t100 or the venue 8 pro

ILDaviz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
ok but on my tablet the problem (miix 2) is EFI Bootloader does not work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardyiu View Post
No, devices such as Viewsonic ViewPad 10i and Ramos i10 Pro (both bay trail based) can dual boot Android and Windows. I hope devs can port Android from those devices to ours so we can dual boot too.

ILDaviz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILDaviz View Post
ok but on my tablet the problem (miix 2) is EFI Bootloader does not work!
resolved but the display bad works! i'm using this post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=16)
Android works, but you can not see well in the monitor...idem for ubuntu!
my tablet is Lenovo Miix2
sorry for my bad English

Tags
dell venue 8 pro, dual boot