Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 47,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help!! HTC Butterfly x920e won't turn ON

Tip us?

abhinav.tella
Old
(Last edited by abhinav.tella; 18th February 2014 at 04:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by katak.bali View Post
It can't even just a vibration

yahh tomorrow I will go to regular service center, maybe its a battery problem, sadly no warranty for my phone and no HTC service center in my town..

When I was in India my friend went to a local store the guy changed the motherboard of the One X for about $120 instead of sending to HTC because if it's rooted and they find out they insist on replacing motherboard as it's their policy to have everything returned to default state before sending it back so even if you only have a battery problem they will charge to replace the motherboard.

I heard this on One X forums where a guy got charged for motherboard replacement because it was unlocked/rooted even though he sent to get screen replaced. Ask around if it is still true or if rules changed before you send it to HTC.

LG G2
LS980 (Sprint)
(Stock ZVC Rom)
Past Devices: HTC Butterfly, HTC One X - Tegra 3, LG Nitro HD, LG G2x, Samsung Vibrant, Samsung Galaxy 3, Nokia 5800, Motorola Razr Maxx, Palm Treo 650

katak.bali
Old
(Last edited by katak.bali; 20th February 2014 at 09:02 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.tella View Post
When I was in India my friend went to a local store the guy changed the motherboard of the One X for about $120 instead of sending to HTC because if it's rooted and they find out they insist on replacing motherboard as it's their policy to have everything returned to default state before sending it back so even if you only have a battery problem they will charge to replace the motherboard.

I heard this on One X forums where a guy got charged for motherboard replacement because it was unlocked/rooted even though he sent to get screen replaced. Ask around if it is still true or if rules changed before you send it to HTC.
I've send it to regular service, I'm a bit scared with your friend experience if HTC change the mobo because I'm rooted
in regular service they said something hardware broken, I dont know what.. I just need to pay $25 for that

Update : OMG!! got an email from service, they said can't fix it .. damnnnn

abhinav.tella
Old
(Last edited by abhinav.tella; 20th February 2014 at 10:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by katak.bali View Post
I've send it to regular service, I'm a bit scared with your friend experience if HTC change the mobo because I'm rooted
in regular service they said something hardware broken, I dont know what.. I just need to pay $25 for that

Update : OMG!! got an email from service, they said can't fix it .. damnnnn
No, my friend didn't send to HTC as I said others had that experience, I think my friend's really had a motherboard/flash problem, but since bootloader unlocked warranty was void.
I hope you read the warning before you got the unlock token from HTCDev website, as soon as you accepted terms and got code I believe you voided your warranty.

Did you send your device? Because if you did they may have found out, otherwise they would replace it under warranty.

LG G2
LS980 (Sprint)
(Stock ZVC Rom)
Past Devices: HTC Butterfly, HTC One X - Tegra 3, LG Nitro HD, LG G2x, Samsung Vibrant, Samsung Galaxy 3, Nokia 5800, Motorola Razr Maxx, Palm Treo 650
Tags
bricked, help htc x920e, htc butterfly x920e, won't turn on