MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[Q] Help!! HTC Butterfly x920e won't turn ON

18th February 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #11  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 88

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katak.bali

It can't even just a vibration

yahh tomorrow I will go to regular service center, maybe its a battery problem, sadly no warranty for my phone and no HTC service center in my town..

When I was in India my friend went to a local store the guy changed the motherboard of the One X for about $120 instead of sending to HTC because if it's rooted and they find out they insist on replacing motherboard as it's their policy to have everything returned to default state before sending it back so even if you only have a battery problem they will charge to replace the motherboard.

I heard this on One X forums where a guy got charged for motherboard replacement because it was unlocked/rooted even though he sent to get screen replaced. Ask around if it is still true or if rules changed before you send it to HTC.
Last edited by abhinav.tella; 18th February 2014 at 04:05 AM.
20th February 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denpasar - Bali
Thanks Meter: 22

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.tella

When I was in India my friend went to a local store the guy changed the motherboard of the One X for about $120 instead of sending to HTC because if it's rooted and they find out they insist on replacing motherboard as it's their policy to have everything returned to default state before sending it back so even if you only have a battery problem they will charge to replace the motherboard.

I heard this on One X forums where a guy got charged for motherboard replacement because it was unlocked/rooted even though he sent to get screen replaced. Ask around if it is still true or if rules changed before you send it to HTC.

I've send it to regular service, I'm a bit scared with your friend experience if HTC change the mobo because I'm rooted
in regular service they said something hardware broken, I dont know what.. I just need to pay $25 for that

Update : OMG!! got an email from service, they said can't fix it .. damnnnn
Last edited by katak.bali; 20th February 2014 at 09:02 AM.
20th February 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #13  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 88

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katak.bali

I've send it to regular service, I'm a bit scared with your friend experience if HTC change the mobo because I'm rooted
in regular service they said something hardware broken, I dont know what.. I just need to pay $25 for that

Update : OMG!! got an email from service, they said can't fix it .. damnnnn

No, my friend didn't send to HTC as I said others had that experience, I think my friend's really had a motherboard/flash problem, but since bootloader unlocked warranty was void.
I hope you read the warning before you got the unlock token from HTCDev website, as soon as you accepted terms and got code I believe you voided your warranty.

Did you send your device? Because if you did they may have found out, otherwise they would replace it under warranty.
Last edited by abhinav.tella; 20th February 2014 at 10:19 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, help htc x920e, htc butterfly x920e, won't turn on
Previous Thread Next Thread