TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Should the s-pen have flexible or stiff tip?

OP lukair1983

20th February 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
I just purchased note 8.0 which is really great, but one thing is starting to annoy me (a little). That's the tip of the s-pen which is flexible (it moves on the sides a milimetr or two) and also if I press it against a surface the tip is pushed a 1/2 mm inside the s-pen.

I would much more preffer a stiff tip, like my pen's, and I was wondering if it's just a faulty s-pen I got, or if it's by design and all you have the same kind of s-pen tip?

If so... is there any way I can make the tip to be still like say... a pencil tip? What would be important is to have it reversible, so gluing the tip to the case is rather out of the question.

Any help from someone who was looking for the same thing as me?
20th February 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 52
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukair1983

I just purchased note 8.0 which is really great, but one thing is starting to annoy me (a little). That's the tip of the s-pen which is flexible (it moves on the sides a milimetr or two) and also if I press it against a surface the tip is pushed a 1/2 mm inside the s-pen.

I would much more preffer a stiff tip, like my pen's, and I was wondering if it's just a faulty s-pen I got, or if it's by design and all you have the same kind of s-pen tip?

If so... is there any way I can make the tip to be still like say... a pencil tip? What would be important is to have it reversible, so gluing the tip to the case is rather out of the question.

Any help from someone who was looking for the same thing as me?

Doesn't seem that your s-pen is faulty.
The Moving tip is part of Wacom tech and is what detects taps/clicks as well as pressure.
, however a mm or 2 2 sideways is a bit too much and should not happen.

My other Wacom pen for regular pc tablet (intuos) also dips in and out a bit, so that's normal.
20th February 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Thanks for responding. I appriciate taking the time.

But isn't it true that you can use other manufacturers pens with galaxy note series, and some of them have stiff tips?
21st February 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 52
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukair1983

Thanks for responding. I appriciate taking the time.

But isn't it true that you can use other manufacturers pens with galaxy note series, and some of them have stiff tips?

I don't think you can use other manufacturer pens with note 8. Even Only few of the pens by wacom are compatible.
There are wacom pens with replaceable tips, but they more or less give a different surface feel as opposed to a rigid tip itself.
21st February 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Oh, I didn't know that. So the s-pen's for Galaxy Note 8.0 are different than for other note's, in terms of technology? The thing about other pens I was writing in reference to other galaxy devices that use s-pen, where people said they purchased other (bigger) stylus'es.
21st February 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 52
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukair1983

Oh, I didn't know that. So the s-pen's for Galaxy Note 8.0 are different than for other note's, in terms of technology? The thing about other pens I was writing in reference to other galaxy devices that use s-pen, where people said they purchased other (bigger) stylus'es.

as far as i am aware, up to samsung Galaxy Note 3.0 all s-pen enabled devices have same underlying technology by wacom, so it's the same manufacturer (samsung/wacom).
however some pens might work across the board on a lot of devices and some might not due to device specific calibrations.

http://www.wacom.com/en/us/overlays/...ng-galaxy-note
21st February 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
I see. Thanks for additional info.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes