Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,360 Members 54,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Firmwares

Tip us?

7kartoon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Question Official Firmwares

I have a question about official firmwares. Let's say I flash an official firmware that was not intended for my device. I can see that every country has their own. Will I still get updates when they are released or should I have the firmware that the phone came with?

Thank you in advance

cviniciusm
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7kartoon View Post
I have a question about official firmwares. Let's say I flash an official firmware that was not intended for my device. I can see that every country has their own. Will I still get updates when they are released or should I have the firmware that the phone came with?

Thank you in advance
Hello,

You should be worry whether the devices have different hardwares, because using such firmware can brick your device.
If the devices have the same hardware then you can use that firmware and after this I think you will have to update manually.

Enviado de meu GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk

7kartoon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by cviniciusm View Post
Hello,

You should be worry whether the devices have different hardwares, because using such firmware can brick your device.
If the devices have the same hardware then you can use that firmware and after this I think you will have to update manually.

Enviado de meu GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk
I will flash official firmware for the specific device. I8190. I will not flash firmware intended for other model. Just other country.
I would like to know if I would still get OTA updates.

Thank you for replying