5,597,138 Members 43,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][02/14/14][4.4.2]AOKP Unofficial Nightlies

Tip us?

Paulicat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Sorry everyone, came down with a really nasty virus...just getting back into things.
As for the camera issues, I use only the stock camera app, and I see no issues at all with that app.
I'm resyncing/rebuilding today, new build will be up this afternoon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paulicat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Buscador
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Sorry to hear that but glad you feel better. So the camera from the GApps in the OP is not crashing after you record video? I never tried video with it before installing the version with Photosphere.
"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we do know that just ain't so." Artemus Ward

Paulicat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buscador View Post
Sorry to hear that but glad you feel better. So the camera from the GApps in the OP is not crashing after you record video? I never tried video with it before installing the version with Photosphere.
Scratch that...it did happen, I forgot I had another rom I'm testing on my phone...back on AOKP now.
I'm looking at options right now, but it looks like its the actual aosp based camera2.apk thats causing it.
I tried the camera2.apk from carbon and it worked perfectly, no corruption...

Buscador
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I think I shot video on you AOSP 4.4.2 ROM without a crash, but I have gone through several ROMs since then so I can't be sure. I would have just been using the standard BaNks Gapps, with no need to flash the camera separately.

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium HD app
"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we do know that just ain't so." Artemus Ward

Paulicat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buscador View Post
I think I shot video on you AOSP 4.4.2 ROM without a crash, but I have gone through several ROMs since then so I can't be sure. I would have just been using the standard BaNks Gapps, with no need to flash the camera separately.

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium HD app
It seems to be a bug in the aosp camera app...as I mentioned earlier, I'm looking at ways to fix this, and I know there are camera apps (slims for one) that don't have any problems.
I'll post as soon as I have everything sorted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulicat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]