XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

few issues

Tip us?

tsbrewers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default few issues

Hey all, have a few issues I am hoping to get figured out.

First, I am wondering if there is a way to re-calibrate the screen/tablet? When I take a picture, the tablet needs to be at about a 5-10* angle for the picture to be level.

Next, I know there have been quite a few GPS issues, but are there any "fixes" yet? I have downloaded and installed GPS test and I can get a lock after about 3 or 4 minutes, but Maps has NEVER found my location. The little GPS icon on the top left corner shows it is on and "locked" (not flashing), yet Maps always says "waiting for location" It never finds me though. It has been this way since I bought it.

Brew

tsbrewers
Old
(Last edited by tsbrewers; 11th February 2014 at 02:12 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
no one else is having gps problems? I know many posted about them when the tablet first came out, surprised no one else is still having the problem. Maps still doesn't ever work for me. Never does find my location.

Next, I think the camera itself is not set correctly. When I use the level feature of the camera, the table shows level, but the picture itself is way off. Like the camera itself is twisted in the opening.

cars10k
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Don't have any problems with the camera, works fine for me.
GPS isn't really working for anybody - for some it helped to go outside and let it get the first fix. after that it works much better - for example for me.
but compass is still not usable =)

tsbrewers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks, I did a complete wipe last night and now maps will at least acknowledge that I exist. The camera is definitely installed crooked.

Ouzo
Old
Thanks Meter 77
The Tegra Note has eight magnets in it, I'm not sure the compass will ever work properly
The Following User Says Thank You to Ouzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]