Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just wanted to say hello...

Tip us?

fonewrecker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Just wanted to say hello...

I can see there are a few other "first hello" threads about (although the others seem somewhat old), but I thought it'd be a better start than just bombarding everyone with questions that have no doubt been asked already.

So far, I've destroyed a GT-i9000, successfully upgraded a GT-i9100 to 4.1.2, and I'm half way through trying to play around with my HTC Wildfire S (the pain in the backside it's turning out to be). In short, I can see this becoming a bit of a hobby.

I've got a bit of background in programming, databases, and a few other relevant fields (no notable achievements, but plenty of enthusiasm). I'm starting a course tomorrow at a university in Taiwan (it's actually run by MIT) for developing health care delivery systems for remote areas, so I expect I'll be on here over the coming months (it's just a one-semester gig for now).

I did notice a few frequent posters here, but I don't know how active everyone is, so - HELLO IF YOU'RE HERE!

....and echo... ech... cho... ho... o... .. . if I'm talking to myself!... yself!... self! ... elf!.. lf! ...f!

I'll keep roaming around in circles for a while and probably have some questions soon! Cheers!

heavy_metal_man
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 703

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonewrecker View Post
I'll keep roaming around in circles for a while and probably have some questions soon! Cheers!
Hi, welcome to xda developers a few things you should note, those hello threads are strictly speaking not allowed as they are counted as off topic. (If everyone one had a hello goodbye thread these forums would be packed XD) secondly you state your working with a wildfire s, this is the wildfire forums the wildfire s is newer and has better hardware. Quick way to tell is if your phone does not have the trackball is the newer model

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....

O_G
Old
Senior Moderator - Life Can't Beat Me
Thanks Meter 4,963
Thread Closed

Welcome to the HTC wildfire forum, please familiarize yourself with this thread and the forum rules before posting or creating any more threads.
Age, catamite - fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe