OP Ryland Johnson

19th February 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 37

147 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland Johnson

I truly appreciate the reply. I don't really understand it though. What is "Odin 3.09" . My phone is not rooted, I don't root my phones. If I did that I would negate my two year warranty.

I would imagine your kind instructions apply to rooted mobiles?

Software is by far my strongest point, as you can see

Don't give up on me yet. I am a very willing learner.

Ryland

No need to root, as you'd be flashing official release firmware m

This video should help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PurJ...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
19th February 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 6

52 posts
More
[QUOTE=Ryland Johnson;50464117]I truly appreciate the reply. I don't really understand it though. What is "Odin 3.09" . My phone is not rooted, I don't root my phones. If I did that I would negate my two year warranty.

I would imagine your kind instructions apply to rooted mobiles?

Software is by far my strongest point, as you can see

Don't give up on me yet. I am a very willing learner.

Ryland[/QUO
You don,t need to root your device and don.t worry your device be safe for warranty
ODIN///Odin is developed by Samsung to help its android smartphone users to update its firmwares. It is an alternative to the Samsung Kies mini and is a very handy tool to update your phone. It is a free to use software that runs on the Windows operating system. Simply download ODIN and install is the best available option for flashing a custom ROM. Flashing is a term that is part of the ever-growing mobile lingo dictionary and it means updating or modifying your firmware; stored in the flash memory or the ROM of your smartphone.
The step by OP is too long and not necessarily.

Simple step to install Official Poland 4.4.2 KitKat ROM:
Download Official Poland Single file KitKat 4.4.2 ROM.
Download and install Odin3 v3.09
Extract once the downloaded KitKat ROM.
Open Odin and load the firmware at AP.
Tick Phone Bootloader Update.
Click start and wait until it finish.
1. Download the firmware here and extart/// http://rapidgator.net/file/32c9439c4...db1a1e4b432456

2. Unzip the zip file, and you will get two files with the extension .tar.md5 and a file with the extension .tar

3. Download Odin 3.09 and extart/// https://mega.co.nz/#!UdRRyCAT!H4FyVx...uykgP2pT4rh8Ek

4. Launch Odin.

5. Reboot your Galaxy Note 3 in download mode (Volume Down + Power + Home button).

6. Connect your Galaxy Note 3 via USB cable to your computer and wait for Odin to recognize it. A blue box should then appear (in the program).

7. Add:in odin click AP get your firmware
also look at the picture and you can get videos on youtube
Check out the video Senior Member dsm52 POSTED TO YOU
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11926001444_55ee0f4dc3_b.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	2589298  
Last edited by 1980aksoy; 19th February 2014 at 10:22 PM.
20th February 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 182

394 posts
Hellooooo.

Started the process last evening and finally got to bed like 12 hours latter at 09.00 this morning.

Some how I ended up with malware? AWSOMEHP! Dear me it took me hours and hours to get rid of that crap. I am hopeless with this software.

It took nearly 4 hours to download the firmware, it then went to WinRAR and I cant open it?

I downloaded the Odin programme but it would not allow me to click the 'phone bootloader update'.

I gave it my best shot but dare not brick my phone so didn't touch that.

One thing. When KitKat comes naturally to my Note 3 will that update automatically remove the old servers files? IF this process can be done naturally' upon update to KitKat in my case it would be better to wait.

You see what happens is you guys and gals take what you do with this technology as easy as ridding a bike. Jargon is used that is absolutely above my head. I have looked at the video clip kindly referenced above so many times yet the speed that guy wizzes through stuff. I pause try to find do what he is doing BUT his PC is NOT running Windows 8.2. I have no idea what he runs but its not the same OS I have.

Some things in life need to be performed by people with the knowledge. I did not give up lightly but after seeing that clip and the possibilities of bricking the phone then having to do this and do that? No way Jose! Each to their own and this is not my profession so I am snookered.

Thank you for the time you ave taken in helping and supporting me. I sincerely appreciate your time.

Ryland
Last edited by Ryland Johnson; 20th February 2014 at 11:26 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread