Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,727 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] after kingoapp root problems

Tip us?

lockstra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] after kingoapp root problems

Hi,
i have used the Kingoapp to root my Mega 6.3. It worked fine. After a few starts i lost Wifi so i wanted to unroot via Kingoapp. That didn't work. Tried several times. It stock on "remove root" every time. Well i thougt, i root it again with Kingoapp and tried it again end no result. With Kingoapp it wasn't possible to get in the menu: power+menu+vol up anymore so i couldn't perform a factory reset.

After tried over 30 times or so i flashed several things via odin.: boot.img, original rom CWM etc but no result. i cant get lost the root from Kingoapp.

Is their a fix, that would be so great! i have been "swimming" for 10 hours now so you now my feelings, haha!

Thanks for your thoughts! ( and sorry for my poor English)

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstra View Post
Hi,
i have used the Kingoapp to root my Mega 6.3. It worked fine. After a few starts i lost Wifi so i wanted to unroot via Kingoapp. That didn't work. Tried several times. It stock on "remove root" every time. Well i thougt, i root it again with Kingoapp and tried it again end no result. With Kingoapp it wasn't possible to get in the menu: power+menu+vol up anymore so i couldn't perform a factory reset.

After tried over 30 times or so i flashed several things via odin.: boot.img, original rom CWM etc but no result. i cant get lost the root from Kingoapp.

Is their a fix, that would be so great! i have been "swimming" for 10 hours now so you now my feelings, haha!

Thanks for your thoughts! ( and sorry for my poor English)
Hi did you do a recent OTA update and does your phone only go into download mode, as if it does then it sounds like you triggered the knox security and if this is the case then there is nothing you can do at this time to fix it as i don't think kingoroot would do this to your phone as i use it all the time to root and unroot and seems to work well for me. Is there a line that says Secure Kernel Failed when you boot your phone is there.?

sashusmom
Old
Thanks Meter 499
I read you can use superSu to unroot, then uninstore superSu. Give that a try.
SG Note-i717 -SG Mega i527 (stock KK) iphone 5s-JB nokia 521/win8.1
SG note 8/JB TF101/dock/kitkat
It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank you!

lockstra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi gues,

Sorry for my late response.
No, I didn't do an OTA and there is no line with errors.

Yes, I tried it all but sadly that didn't work but I have good news, pfff. After hours and hours trying this and that and so one I finally booked some success. What I did was flashing cm 6.04
Finaly it was possible to get in the menu [power-vol up -menu] and was able to flash a rom. I flashed a original rom after that wit odin but still there are some lines wich are left behind and where stuffed by Kingoapp. I have tried to clear those lines but I failed. (They are not the red lines you see after a root. It a green line this time haha)
But one thing is for sure, the Mega 6.3 is working again although I get the impression it is a little bit slower then before.

I mailed Kingoapp last monday with the same question and yes you guessed it right: now answer....
Thanks for your help, I really apreciated it!!!

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app