Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I use any country firmware on a factory unlocked int. Note 3?

Tip us?

luigiurrea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can I use any country firmware on a factory unlocked int. Note 3?

Hi, can I use any country firmware on a factory unlocked international version Note 3?

I rooted since last November, with no issues since then, but yesterday I noticed that root access was not working anymore. I'm on JB 4.3 now and maybe I will upgrade to KitKat 4.4, if this is possible, since the phone is for Nigeria and there is no update yet for that country.

Model SM-N900
Baseband N900XXUCMK1
Kernel 3.4 39-2217357
Build JSS15J.N900XXUCMK2

Thank you for your help!

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 312
I would think so, just have to make sure the baseband is compatible with your provider.

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 577
ODIN flash the KKrom of your choice. As stated by hey_joe, just make sure you cn use the basebands with your carrier...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigiurrea View Post
Hi, can I use any country firmware on a factory unlocked international version Note 3?

I rooted since last November, with no issues since then, but yesterday I noticed that root access was not working anymore. I'm on JB 4.3 now and maybe I will upgrade to KitKat 4.4, if this is possible, since the phone is for Nigeria and there is no update yet for that country.

Model SM-N900
Baseband N900XXUCMK1
Kernel 3.4 39-2217357
Build JSS15J.N900XXUCMK2

Thank you for your help!

In theory you can but (no matter ignorant people say) if you look around here this forum is full of people that soft-bricked their phones with strange upgrades - most notably updates of Note 3 phones for Hong-Kong and Nordic EU countries using the XEO first KitKat ROM.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

luigiurrea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for your replies, I'm trying to do it with the stock firmware, actually I'm on stock right now, I'm OK with stock Rom, whatever I want to change is accomplished thru Xpose Framework.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk