No registration required
Thread Deleted

The "Welcome to XDA" Thread

OP DaveShaw

17th February 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #11251  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Hi,
Finally found the time to use my user here. Have been using the HTC desire dev section a lot to get hands on new roms as HTC didn't update and didn't do anything good except making the hardware. Pretty annoying. But nice to have competent users here
18th February 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #11252  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hello everyone,

I too have been using this site for almost a year to help with every one of my rooting and general modding needs with my Tmo Note 2. I came from modding and fixing iPhones to the android community because of the great ability to really change every single aspect of your phone. Androids have proven to be much more than just smart phones and there's a make and model to fit every different type of person out there. I appreciate everything this site is doing to strengthen that community. And very pleased to finally make an account.
18th February 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #11253  
Moderator Committee - Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy
Flag Belfast, Ireland Likes: Whiskey & XDA Dislikes: No whiskey
Thanks Meter: 4,477

23,112 posts
Donate to Me
If users are wondering why there posts are being deleted, it is because they are not following the guidelines in the OP

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think! XDA, mobile wisdom, not a n00b feeding ground!!
19th February 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #11254  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Smile
Hello Everybody, just wanted to say hi, I've been messing around with android devices for some time and I came to conclusion XDA is most reliable information source about android out there, so just had to register
20th February 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #11255  
Flag Pune (IN), Düsseldorf (DE)
Thanks Meter: 103

439 posts
More
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... ...........................................found this forum in 2009 when i played around with my HTC HD2. Since then i am constantly visiting XDA Dev's. So, after four years it was the first time that i looked in to the general section and found this thread. Now i want to face this opportunity and shout out loud

HI ALL!
20th February 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #11256  

1 posts
HI :)
Hi friends, i am an italian user.
I'm 17 and i have a beautiful device:
sony xperia u
I think that this site is the best resource for android's users.
21st February 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #11257  

23,112 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoku

Hello people!

Please read first post. Post deleted

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think! XDA, mobile wisdom, not a n00b feeding ground!!
21st February 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #11258  
Thanks Meter: 25

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Spartan

Please read first post. Post deleted

Ouch, sorry! I thought that the red text was a signature and instead of this I've read many posts like "hi, 10chars..."

So... Hello people! My name is Adrian and I'm from Poland. I've found these forums years ago when I was using a Motorola Milestone and lookong for roms. Today I'm a happy Moto Defy user which is my 2nd phone with Android OS. When I was younger I loved to code in C++, PHP and doing reverse engineering with ASM. Nowadays I'm not spending too much of my time on pc, so I'm only a webmaster and "sshmaster" on my fav Counter Strike forums.
21st February 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #11259  

23,112 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoku

Ouch, sorry! I thought that the red text was a signature and instead of this I've read many posts like "hi, 10chars..."

Hi Adrian. Unfortunately this thread (and others) is being abused by people who want to get 10 posts quickly. Because of this I have subscribed to thread and will now delete all posts that do not comply with OP

21st February 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #11260  

5 posts
Hello to everyone, my name is Domenick
Hello all, my name is Domenick. I've been using Android devices for several years, and running custom roms as far back as my Viewsonic G-Tab (what a collosal piece of junk that thing was), and have just started taking a coursera class on Android development as I'm interested in trying to push my career a bit into the mobile development world. I'm hoping this website will be a useful resource for me in that regard. I'm currently using an HTC One as my daily driver, and a 2013 Nexus 7 as my regular tablet.

The One has had ViperOne on it for awhile, but I've found it's started to get a little slow, and there are some bugs which I've not been able to sort through, so I thought I'd play around with some other roms. I found OneDroid, which seemed perfect, but after installing it, I've found that I'm unable to connect to my company's exchange server. This seems a somewhat common problem with KitKat, but there's somewhat inconsistent workarounds. Some people have had success by prefixing their username with the windows Domain name. It seems MotoX users have been able to grab the exchange APKs from the Nexus 5, and that works. Still others have simply retreated to third party email apps, but I find them to be quite lackluster when compared to the stock client (whose widget I find especially useful).

To resolve this, I'd sought to find help on the OneDroid forum directly, but being as I don't have 10 posts, that's not allowed. I don't really see how one would have 10 legitimate posts without posting on a Rom specific forum. I see posts are being deleted from here because of perceived abuse by people seeking to get to 10 posts. But I'd ask, how exactly else would one get to 10 posts in my case? The requirement seems very excessive to me, and limits the usefulness of the forum. I'm not a moron with a ridiculously green question. I'm not a spambot. And I'm not malicious in intent. How does making me find ways to shoehorn in semi-relevant posts into threads I'm not really interested in serve the interests of this website or its users?

I suspect this will be deleted, but it is an earnest introduction. Thanks for your time.

Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, android application, app developer, blackberry application, google, internet marketing, intro, introduction, ios rulez teh !!!11!!11!, iphone application, jobs is god, knowledge, lordmanhattan was here, new member, nexus, noob club, off topic, say hi, veeman was here, wat dawg wat u doin, web designing
Previous Thread Next Thread