5,603,981 Members 44,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who is using ART?

Tip us?
 
suruceanu.nick
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 67
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chisinau

 
DONATE TO ME
Prompt Who is using ART?

Who is using ART? What issues do you have with it?
 
Paulo87
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 43
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by suruceanu.nick View Post
Who is using ART? What issues do you have with it?
I'm using ART since the third official nightly. No issues so far. (I'm using 20140201)
 
MilkyJoePD
Old
#3  
MilkyJoePD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 159
Posts: 867
Join Date: Oct 2011
I'd like to give it a go but I need Xposed installed for Tabletmetrics.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
 
elad.g
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 29
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo87 View Post
I'm using ART since the third official nightly. No issues so far. (I'm using 20140201)
hi....
Have you noticed a significant improvement in performance?
Have you noticed problems with Apps?
Phone : LG OPTIMUS 4X HD - P880
ROM : [KK][4.4.2] BeanStalk-4.4.278-20140413-p880
Kernel ​: iodakX3_v9.95
Recovery : ClockworkMod v6.0.4.5
Launcher: Nova Launcher Prime v2.3
 
suruceanu.nick
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 67
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chisinau

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo87 View Post
I'm using ART since the third official nightly. No issues so far. (I'm using 20140201)
Do you have " Android is upgrading " stuff on every boot ?
 
Paulo87
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 43
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by elad.g View Post
hi....
Have you noticed a significant improvement in performance?
Have you noticed problems with Apps?
Apps take longer to open, but the "in App" experience feels snappier. WhatsApp is crashing when using ART, but i don't use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suruceanu.nick View Post
Do you have " Android is upgrading " stuff on every boot ?
I had, but since i instaled this nightly (20140201) i never had it again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulo87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
suruceanu.nick
Old
(Last edited by suruceanu.nick; 21st February 2014 at 10:12 AM.)
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 67
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chisinau

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo87 View Post
Apps take longer to open, but the "in App" experience feels snappier. WhatsApp is crashing when using ART, but i don't use it.



I had, but since i instaled this nightly (20140201) i never had it again.
Do you have that build? Can you provide it?
Thanks!

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app
 
elad.g
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 29
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo87 View Post
Apps take longer to open, but the "in App" experience feels snappier. WhatsApp is crashing when using ART, but i don't use it.



I had, but since i instaled this nightly (20140201) i never had it again.
since our device have enough lag already, i guess it not that good 2 add more lag

ill leave ART off

thanks .........
Phone : LG OPTIMUS 4X HD - P880
ROM : [KK][4.4.2] BeanStalk-4.4.278-20140413-p880
Kernel ​: iodakX3_v9.95
Recovery : ClockworkMod v6.0.4.5
Launcher: Nova Launcher Prime v2.3
 
Keltek
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 163
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Praha

 
DONATE TO ME
I had ART enabled with CM11, but after some days I switch back to Dalvik. I have no application issues but every time I update CM (using nightly so this happen very often) and the system gain clean caches, the rebuilding takes way too long (which is not a primary problem) and the phone was very, very hot (and I mean really VERY HOT). And this was the primary issue I solved switching back to Dalvik.
 
Paulo87
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 43
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by suruceanu.nick View Post
Do you have that build? Can you provide it?
Thanks!

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app
No. I update via cm updater and after that i clean the folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltek View Post
I had ART enabled with CM11, but after some days I switch back to Dalvik. I have no application issues but every time I update CM (using nightly so this happen very often) and the system gain clean caches, the rebuilding takes way too long (which is not a primary problem) and the phone was very, very hot (and I mean really VERY HOT). And this was the primary issue I solved switching back to Dalvik.
Never had issues with temperature. Sometimes I play CSR Racing, and even after 45min/1h the temperature is "normal".

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more

Lucid Browser is Small, Lightweight, and Open Source

If there is one application category that certainly isn’t lacking in Android,and … more