Originally Posted by montez.061-
Is there any plan to get "OK Google" to work? I know it seems small but it's one of the key features of KK.... You guys so a good job of adding things so I kind of get surprised whenever I see it's not working. I think when building anything it's important to build from ground up... This is definitely one of the best roms, just odd to see a key feature still missing that works on many (lesser) roms. Thanks for the work
Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium HD app
This bugged me for some time... I finally got around to figuring it out thanks to this thread:
Here is what I did..
1. Using Titanium Backup i uninstalled Google Search.
2. Installed Google Search from the play store
4. Get mad because my launcher is now reset
5. Tap on the google search bar (now in laucher 3)
6. Tell google now that "yes i'm in!"
7. Ok Google now enabled.
8. Setup my launcher again.. This may be possible to avoid had i backed up the data first. I didn't realize uninstalling Google Search would toast my launcher desktop.
* Weird, i could not get service again until i rebooted my device after that process... And i am still not seeing a data connection.
Looks like data got flipped off. I was able to turn it back on under Settings -> Mobile Data.
I only got Edge after that. I reflashed the latest nightly for good measure. I'm seeing LTE again and OK Google is working