XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recover Data with Broken Screen/Digitizer

Tip us?

mikeregister
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [Q] Recover Data with Broken Screen/Digitizer

I have a friend of mine who has a Note II which I am not familiar with (I have had every Galaxy S, so pretty familiar with Samsung), he broke his screen and the digitizer is broken also. I am trying to help him recover data/contacts/pictures/etc from his phone. It is on the latest stock ROM and has never been rooted or anything. Is there anyway this would be possible with ADB? I am pretty sure his USB debugging is off. He has a new Note II coming tomorrow from Asurion. He has experience taking the Note II apart because he has replaced his glass multiple times, I was thinking about recommending him to swap the motherboards out real quick just to transfer the stuff he needs to a computer. Does anyone know if this approach would work?

CharliexCharger
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeregister View Post
I have a friend of mine who has a Note II which I am not familiar with (I have had every Galaxy S, so pretty familiar with Samsung), he broke his screen and the digitizer is broken also. I am trying to help him recover data/contacts/pictures/etc from his phone. It is on the latest stock ROM and has never been rooted or anything. Is there anyway this would be possible with ADB? I am pretty sure his USB debugging is off. He has a new Note II coming tomorrow from Asurion. He has experience taking the Note II apart because he has replaced his glass multiple times, I was thinking about recommending him to swap the motherboards out real quick just to transfer the stuff he needs to a computer. Does anyone know if this approach would work?
Has he tried just simply backing it up through Kies and just restoring it to his new phone?

mikeregister
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeregister View Post
No he hasn't. Would this work without being able to access anything on the phone? I have never used Kies.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app