Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 43,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

root and safestrap ?,?

Tip us?
 
DizzyFox
Old
(Last edited by DizzyFox; 19th February 2014 at 11:38 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 75
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default root and safestrap ?,?

I am about to buy a used verizon note 3 its running 4.5 can this version be rooted and safestrapped to run custom roms? ??
 
DizzyFox
Old
#2  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 75
Join Date: Jan 2011
Anyone know if this phone with version 4.5 android can be rooted and use safestrap so I can run custom roms
 
Misterxtc
Old
#3  
Misterxtc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 641
Posts: 731
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyFox View Post
Anyone know if this phone with version 4.5 android can be rooted and use safestrap so I can run custom roms
Android 4.3, yes safestrap and root will work. I think 4.5 must be a typo. Try rooting with Kingo or Vroot.
 
tw1n5nak35
Old
#4  
tw1n5nak35's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 705
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
I would also double check what version of JellyBean the device is running. Also, what is the Baseband version? Is it: MI9, MJ7 or MJE?
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy JuggerNote 3 (SM-N900V)
Verizon

KitKat 4.4.2
Rooted/SS 3.75

Rom Slots:
1. HypderDrive 8 *currently testing*
2. Eclipse 2.0.1
3. Jasmine 2.0
4. Bigginz v7.1
5. Stock/Rooted/NC2

 
DizzyFox
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 75
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc View Post
Android 4.3, yes safestrap and root will work. I think 4.5 must be a typo. Try rooting with Kingo or Vroot.

I'm sorry it was 4.3 which do you think is better progam to root with
 
Misterxtc
Old
#6  
Misterxtc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 641
Posts: 731
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Kingo seems to be more safe but no problems have been reported with either. I have used both with no problems. So if Kingo dose not work for you use Vroot and then replace the Chinese superuser with Chainfires supersu.
 
DizzyFox
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 75
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1n5nak35 View Post
I woversionalso double check what version of JellyBean the device is running. Also, what is the Baseband version? Is it: MI9, MJ7 or MJE?
ok so it matters what baseband version its running when you root and safestrap it?
 
tw1n5nak35
Old
#8  
tw1n5nak35's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 705
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyFox View Post
ok so it matters what baseband version its running when you root and safestrap it?
It's for the radio's and modem. If it's updated to MJE, then you will just have to root, install safestrap and flash roms. But if you want to run the latest and greatest of the best rom's, the devs recommend that you be on the updated baseband MJE.

As suppose to if the phone is MI9 or MJ7, you can stay on that baseband or you can ODIN and update to MJE.

Your mileage may very. I've seen users who have updated and have tethering, wifi and gps issues. Some who have updated do not have these issues on the updated baseband and users like me who are on MI9 have not experienced any of these and decided to stay on the default baseband.

If you decide to go ahead and purchase the phone, here is a link with better info on how to ODIN and update baseband, coming from either MI9 or MJ7 and updating to MJE. Best of luck, hopefully you can get the phone, root, install safestrap, flash the roms that you like and happy testing. Here is the link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528707
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy JuggerNote 3 (SM-N900V)
Verizon

KitKat 4.4.2
Rooted/SS 3.75

Rom Slots:
1. HypderDrive 8 *currently testing*
2. Eclipse 2.0.1
3. Jasmine 2.0
4. Bigginz v7.1
5. Stock/Rooted/NC2

 
DizzyFox
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 75
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1n5nak35 View Post
It's for the radio's and modem. If it's updated to MJE, then you will just have to root, install safestrap and flash roms. But if you want to run the latest and greatest of the best rom's, the devs recommend that you be on the updated baseband MJE.

As suppose to if the phone is MI9 or MJ7, you can stay on that baseband or you can ODIN and update to MJE.

Your mileage may very. I've seen users who have updated and have tethering, wifi and gps issues. Some who have updated do not have these issues on the updated baseband and users like me who are on MI9 have not experienced any of these and decided to stay on the default baseband.

If you decide to go ahead and purchase the phone, here is a link with better info on how to ODIN and update baseband, coming from either MI9 or MJ7 and updating to MJE. Best of luck, hopefully you can get the phone, root, install safestrap, flash the roms that you like and happy testing. Here is the link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528707
Thanks this has been great information.
 
tw1n5nak35
Old
#10  
tw1n5nak35's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 705
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyFox View Post
Thanks this has been great information.
Your welcome
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy JuggerNote 3 (SM-N900V)
Verizon

KitKat 4.4.2
Rooted/SS 3.75

Rom Slots:
1. HypderDrive 8 *currently testing*
2. Eclipse 2.0.1
3. Jasmine 2.0
4. Bigginz v7.1
5. Stock/Rooted/NC2


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...