Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

root and safestrap ?,?

OP DizzyFox

20th February 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

75 posts
I am about to buy a used verizon note 3 its running 4.5 can this version be rooted and safestrapped to run custom roms? ??
Last edited by DizzyFox; 20th February 2014 at 12:38 AM.
20th February 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

75 posts
Anyone know if this phone with version 4.5 android can be rooted and use safestrap so I can run custom roms
20th February 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #3  
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,169

1,253 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyFox

Anyone know if this phone with version 4.5 android can be rooted and use safestrap so I can run custom roms

Android 4.3, yes safestrap and root will work. I think 4.5 must be a typo. Try rooting with Kingo or Vroot.
20th February 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #4  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 141

863 posts
More
I would also double check what version of JellyBean the device is running. Also, what is the Baseband version? Is it: MI9, MJ7 or MJE?
20th February 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

Android 4.3, yes safestrap and root will work. I think 4.5 must be a typo. Try rooting with Kingo or Vroot.

I'm sorry it was 4.3 which do you think is better progam to root with
20th February 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #6  
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,169

1,253 posts
More
Kingo seems to be more safe but no problems have been reported with either. I have used both with no problems. So if Kingo dose not work for you use Vroot and then replace the Chinese superuser with Chainfires supersu.
20th February 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1n5nak35

I woversionalso double check what version of JellyBean the device is running. Also, what is the Baseband version? Is it: MI9, MJ7 or MJE?

ok so it matters what baseband version its running when you root and safestrap it?
20th February 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #8  
Flag Chicago, IL

863 posts
More
Quote:

ok so it matters what baseband version its running when you root and safestrap it?

It's for the radio's and modem. If it's updated to MJE, then you will just have to root, install safestrap and flash roms. But if you want to run the latest and greatest of the best rom's, the devs recommend that you be on the updated baseband MJE.

As suppose to if the phone is MI9 or MJ7, you can stay on that baseband or you can ODIN and update to MJE.

Your mileage may very. I've seen users who have updated and have tethering, wifi and gps issues. Some who have updated do not have these issues on the updated baseband and users like me who are on MI9 have not experienced any of these and decided to stay on the default baseband.

If you decide to go ahead and purchase the phone, here is a link with better info on how to ODIN and update baseband, coming from either MI9 or MJ7 and updating to MJE. Best of luck, hopefully you can get the phone, root, install safestrap, flash the roms that you like and happy testing. Here is the link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528707
20th February 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1n5nak35

It's for the radio's and modem. If it's updated to MJE, then you will just have to root, install safestrap and flash roms. But if you want to run the latest and greatest of the best rom's, the devs recommend that you be on the updated baseband MJE.

As suppose to if the phone is MI9 or MJ7, you can stay on that baseband or you can ODIN and update to MJE.

Your mileage may very. I've seen users who have updated and have tethering, wifi and gps issues. Some who have updated do not have these issues on the updated baseband and users like me who are on MI9 have not experienced any of these and decided to stay on the default baseband.

If you decide to go ahead and purchase the phone, here is a link with better info on how to ODIN and update baseband, coming from either MI9 or MJ7 and updating to MJE. Best of luck, hopefully you can get the phone, root, install safestrap, flash the roms that you like and happy testing. Here is the link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528707

Thanks this has been great information.
20th February 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #10  
Flag Chicago, IL

863 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks this has been great information.

Your welcome

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread