Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Won't Boot After CM11

Tip us?

jamgood96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Won't Boot After CM11

I just installed SafeStrap 3.65 on my phone, then created a new rom slot and installed CM11-M2. It seemed to install fine, but when I rebooted it just shows the red Motorola logo and then a black screen, nothing else. I have no way to get back into SafeStrap. I can get into the stock recovery, but it doesn't seem very helpful at the moment.

Any ideas on where to start would be greatly appreciated!

- James

jbag1489
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Most likely not what you're looking for, but you could always fastboot back to stock if needed.

Did you flash anything else with cm?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Having trouble editing, but:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467 that is to matt's utility which makes fastboot to stock easy if you want to go that route and retry from the beginning

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Dwillian
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamgood96 View Post
I just installed SafeStrap 3.65 on my phone, then created a new rom slot and installed CM11-M2. It seemed to install fine, but when I rebooted it just shows the red Motorola logo and then a black screen, nothing else. I have no way to get back into SafeStrap. I can get into the stock recovery, but it doesn't seem very helpful at the moment.

Any ideas on where to start would be greatly appreciated!

- James
This happened to me. I never could figure out what went wrong so I eventually did restore stock using Matt's utility ( used the option to do a full data wipe ). Then I booted into stock and accepted the OTA update from Verizon. Then I ran Matt's utility to gain root access, but I did not use Matt's utility to install SafeStrap.

Instead I downloaded SafeStrap 3.65 and manually installed it. At this point I could successfully boot into SafeStrap and create and activate a ROM slot ( I recommend creating slot 1 for CM10.x and slot 2 for CM11 ). I then installed CM and gapps and was able to successfully reboot into the custom ROM.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

jamgood96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I ended up having to set everything back to stock and then re-root and install SafeStrap.