20th February 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
HTC Desire
S-OFF and rooted by revolutionary
Recovery: CWM
ROM: Mildwild

As i describe, phone is in bootloop and both of the volume keys are not working. I can't get into CWM. I tried fastboot but, i can't do anything in there because of broken buttons. How can i save the phone?

Here is the fastboot screen
bravo pvt-4 ship s-off
hboot-6.93.1002
microp-051d
touch panel-synw0101
radio-5.17.05.23
aug 10 2010,17:52:18
20th February 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 582

1,375 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasiork

HTC Desire
S-OFF and rooted by revolutionary
Recovery: CWM
ROM: Mildwild

As i describe, phone is in bootloop and both of the volume keys are not working. I can't get into CWM. I tried fastboot but, i can't do anything in there because of broken buttons. How can i save the phone?

Here is the fastboot screen
bravo pvt-4 ship s-off
hboot-6.93.1002
microp-051d
touch panel-synw0101
radio-5.17.05.23
aug 10 2010,17:52:18

Strange, why it is in bootloop, were you doing anything at the time?

A few things I can think of:

- Repair your volume buttons, look for a youtube guide. It's useful to have your volume buttons working anyway.

- If you don't want to hardware fix, I think you could potentially try fastboot commands to flash 4EXT recovery. CWM is useless as you can't navigate inside CWM with broken volume keys, and 4EXT is better anyway e.g. for partitioning sd card.
- Setup adb and fastboot, and flash the 4ext recovery.img using fastboot. (Get into fastboot by "back+power")
- Try to boot into recovery with by forcing a reboot: "fastboot reboot-bootloader" to get back to bootloader screen
- Press power to select "reboot", or try your luck again volume key to get to recovery.
- Then "adb reboot recovery" no guarantee this will work as never tried it.
- If you get to recovery, make a nandroid backup. Then try to reflash the ROM without wiping anything, see if it boots.

- Last resort is to flash an RUU and s-off again to get it booting, but the volume button issue will remain.

Eventually if you install mildwild or similar ROM again, it's best to flash the ROM on a smaller hboot, as you're still on stock hboot and wasting a lot of space.
Last edited by eddiehk6; 20th February 2014 at 05:10 PM.
20th February 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,344

3,487 posts
More
There is a way to boot recovery using fastboot, so basically setup adb & fastboot using eddies guide then get recovery.img (4ext as pb99img in my sig, just extract the file) put the recovery.img in ur fastboot folder on pc then boot ur phone into fastboot (back + power) plug in ur phone to pc then open command window n type

fastboot boot recovery.img

That should boot u into recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 582

1,375 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue

There is a way to boot recovery using fastboot, so basically setup adb & fastboot using eddies guide then get recovery.img (4ext as pb99img in my sig, just extract the file) put the recovery.img in ur fastboot folder on pc then boot ur phone into fastboot (back + power) plug in ur phone to pc then open command window n type

fastboot boot recovery.img

That should boot u into recovery

I knew there was a way using fastboot commands! Never had to do it as my volume buttons have always worked
20th February 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,344

3,487 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehk6

I knew there was a way using fastboot commands! Never had to do it as my volume buttons have always worked

yh i didnt know this untill @Chromium_ told me
The Following User Says Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread