No Sound after Knox? 4.3 / 4.4.2

Tip us?

zbbb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy No Sound after Knox? 4.3 / 4.4.2

Hello all,

So this is my first time needing serious help.
Almost 24 hours ago I wanted to flash a new ROM on my i9505 just because it was time for an update.

I downloaded the 4.2.2 leak in order to install the Echoe ROM according to THIS and THIS instructions. It all went fine but with no sound and wifi.
I tried flashing different kernels and modems but nothing helped, wifi was working sometimes when I installed other 4.4.2 custom roms.

Basically I'm not new to flashing custom roms but this time I have a feeling something bad happened.
I think since I installed the 4.2.2 leak I got no sound.

Currently I'm on the Echoe 4.3 "Final Bean", my Modem is I9505XXUFNA1 - and still no sound.

I'm totally lost now right now because I spent hours of looking for a fix or working ROM but with no success.

Hope someone can help me q_q

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1484

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbbb View Post
Hello all,

So this is my first time needing serious help.
Almost 24 hours ago I wanted to flash a new ROM on my i9505 just because it was time for an update.

I downloaded the 4.2.2 leak in order to install the Echoe ROM according to THIS and THIS instructions. It all went fine but with no sound and wifi.
I tried flashing different kernels and modems but nothing helped, wifi was working sometimes when I installed other 4.4.2 custom roms.

Basically I'm not new to flashing custom roms but this time I have a feeling something bad happened.
I think since I installed the 4.2.2 leak I got no sound.

Currently I'm on the Echoe 4.3 "Final Bean", my Modem is I9505XXUFNA1 - and still no sound.

I'm totally lost now right now because I spent hours of looking for a fix or working ROM but with no success.

Hope someone can help me q_q

hello there Can you try and Download/Extract this file Then turn off your Phone manually and wait atleast 10 sec and Hold and press Power+Volumedown and flash the file via odin by selecting Phone or Cp.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zbbb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OMG I'm about to cry, IT WORKED.

Why didn't I ask earlier, I struggled for HOURS!

THANKS A LOT A LOT

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1484

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbbb View Post
OMG I'm about to cry, IT WORKED.

Why didn't I ask earlier, I struggled for HOURS!

THANKS A LOT A LOT
No problem mate , Glad that help. Have a nice day.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"

R.Suave
Old
Thanks Meter 1096

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
hello there Can you try and Download/Extract this file Then turn off your Phone manually and wait atleast 10 sec and Hold and press Power+Volumedown and flash the file via odin by selecting Phone or Cp.
Can u please explain what flashing this file does?

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1484

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Suave View Post
Can u please explain what flashing this file does?
Flashing that file can either Fix your Sound/wifi and etc if you have newbootloader,and Flashing a Wrong LTE aka Wifi fix/NON-HLOS will break your sound if you have an oldbootloader.

Old bootloader = you can't flash any newer LTE modem than UBMH1.
New bootloader = you can flash all the new LTE modems

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

R.Suave
Old
Thanks Meter 1096

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Flashing that file can either Fix your Sound/wifi and etc if you have newbootloader,and Flashing a Wrong LTE aka Wifi fix/NON-HLOS will break your sound if you have an oldbootloader.

Old bootloader = you can't flash any newer LTE modem than UBMH1.
New bootloader = you can flash all the new LTE modems
Thanks for your quick response. The reason im asking is because im rooting my S4 tonight (not my first time rooting) that is running 4.3 MK2 and im still a bit worried im missing information as far as what can and cant be flashed after rooting. Ive read up on KNOX and have decided im not going to stress over triggering it but I dont want to end up with any other issues like the OP mentioned.

My plan is to root w/ CF Auto Root, Flash TWRP via ODIN, and then flash Beanstalk 4.4.2 via TWRP (efs and nandroid backup made somewhere within these steps).

If done correctly, can the above process cause any issues?

How would I downgrade to a 4.2.2 rom if I wanted to?

Thanks a lot for your help

Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 20th February 2014 at 10:21 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1484

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Suave View Post
Thanks for your quick response. The reason im asking is because im rooting my S4 tonight (not my first time rooting) that is running 4.3 MK2 and im still a bit worried im missing information as far as what can and cant be flashed after rooting. Ive read up on KNOX and have decided im not going to stress over triggering it but I dont want to end up with any other issues like the OP mentioned.

My plan is to root w/ CF Auto Root, Flash TWRP via ODIN, and then flash Beanstalk 4.4.2 via TWRP (efs and nandroid backup made somewhere within these steps).

If done correctly, can the above process cause any issues?

How would I downgrade to a 4.2.2 rom if I wanted to?

Thanks a lot for your help
Your plan should work fine mate but you can no longer downgrade into 4.2.2 after flashing a stock 4.3 rom. and if you flash 4.4.2 stock Kitkat in a future you can no longer downgrade to stock 4.3 . but you can definitely flash a custom 4.3 rom, as well as AOSP and CM11 Roms

Edited. Fixed

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eikman2k
Old
(Last edited by eikman2k; 6th April 2014 at 08:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default No Sound

I have Wifi but no sound...

Came From Omega V27
Tried the Modem explained in this Post, but nothing changed..

What can i do...

Canīt use Youtube, Phone etc..

Using Echoe Rom 2.2 KitKat