Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Randomly Not Charging

Tip us?
 
BachMinuetInG
Old
#1  
BachMinuetInG's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 273
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Randomly Not Charging

Hi all

My N7005 (similar to I717 except without NFC) running Carbon ROM 4.3.1 randomly just stops charging. It normally charges normally, then occasionally 'charges' without increasing battery power (battery drops like it isn't charging)

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!
Nokia 7260 > Nokia 3120 Classic > Sony Ericsson G700 Business Edition > Nokia X2-01 > Samsung Galaxy Mini > SONY Xperia Arc S > Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i > Samsung Galaxy Note N7005 > Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 > Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 > NO.1 N3 > Elephone P10c
 
Demmonnixx
Old
#2  
Demmonnixx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 180
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BachMinuetInG View Post
Hi all

My N7005 (similar to I717 except without NFC) running Carbon ROM 4.3.1 randomly just stops charging. It normally charges normally, then occasionally 'charges' without increasing battery power (battery drops like it isn't charging)

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!
Have you tried removing your battery for a couple of minutes? Mine was acting up a while back. Ended up have to flash back to stock nandroid backup and reflashing everything. No issues since then. It could be that your battery is crapping out though or your charging port is losing connection.
Candy kat 1.3 w/uber
Sched: sio
min: 384000
max: 1620000
Gov: wheatly
Lightning Launcher
And all the candy sweetener avail at the time
 
BachMinuetInG
Old
#3  
BachMinuetInG's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 273
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demmonnixx View Post
Have you tried removing your battery for a couple of minutes? Mine was acting up a while back. Ended up have to flash back to stock nandroid backup and reflashing everything. No issues since then. It could be that your battery is crapping out though or your charging port is losing connection.
Yes it worked! That happened to both my batteries though, probably my charging port. (Weird that it still reads as 'Charging')
Nokia 7260 > Nokia 3120 Classic > Sony Ericsson G700 Business Edition > Nokia X2-01 > Samsung Galaxy Mini > SONY Xperia Arc S > Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i > Samsung Galaxy Note N7005 > Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 > Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 > NO.1 N3 > Elephone P10c
 
Demmonnixx
Old
#4  
Demmonnixx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 180
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BachMinuetInG View Post
Yes it worked! That happened to both my batteries though, probably my charging port. (Weird that it still reads as 'Charging')
Good deal. Did you have to flash back to nandroid or just remove the battery? Just curious
Candy kat 1.3 w/uber
Sched: sio
min: 384000
max: 1620000
Gov: wheatly
Lightning Launcher
And all the candy sweetener avail at the time
 
BachMinuetInG
Old
#5  
BachMinuetInG's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 273
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demmonnixx View Post
Good deal. Did you have to flash back to nandroid or just remove the battery? Just curious
I just unplugged the charger, removed the battery, and waited 30s, put the battery back, plug it back in, and there it is
Nokia 7260 > Nokia 3120 Classic > Sony Ericsson G700 Business Edition > Nokia X2-01 > Samsung Galaxy Mini > SONY Xperia Arc S > Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i > Samsung Galaxy Note N7005 > Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 > Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 > NO.1 N3 > Elephone P10c
 
Demmonnixx
Old
#6  
Demmonnixx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 180
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BachMinuetInG View Post
I just unplugged the charger, removed the battery, and waited 30s, put the battery back, plug it back in, and there it is
Cool
Candy kat 1.3 w/uber
Sched: sio
min: 384000
max: 1620000
Gov: wheatly
Lightning Launcher
And all the candy sweetener avail at the time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Get Better Debug Data with Crash Report SDK

Developing an application is a hard and often times ungratifying task. It also requires quite a … more

Navigate to Your Favorite Places with LocationDetector

If you’re enjoying an active way of life, you probablytravel a lot, go fishing, … more

LifeStats Automatic Journal Keeps Tabs of Your Day

Most of us live very active lives. This is after all why we’re fans of mobile … more

Android App Review: Hide Your Files with Androignito – XDA Developer TV

Stop right now, look at your phone, and see how many pictures, … more