5,595,570 Members 46,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] wiping and flashing too many times, life xpectancy of memory?

Tip us?

hxx86590
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] wiping and flashing too many times, life xpectancy of memory?

Hello, i own a moto, and i have been flashing cyanogenmod everyday for about a month , everytime i flash a .zip, it envolves restoring the original image .xml.zip gpe or non-gpe, then again supersu.zip, install cwm in recovery, reboot after reboot (heating the device), and then reinstall and configure cyanogenmod. I just like experimenting so that i can learn by myself.

Lets say 25 times all that process with help of MotoTool by Alonso and Minimal adb + fastboot..

My concern is if the internal memory can be in a not-so-good state as in the beginning, not just because of the data i write, but formatting or partitioning, wiping cache, dalvik... or whatever is done.

I have read somewhere about wear leveling, but i want real cases, tell me if you have had a phone and have done this or even more times, and the phone works ok after months or year.

Thank you in advance.

nijom
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Looks like you bought a phone just for experimenting... :P

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 - 2009 : Motorola SLVR L7 (Dead)
2009 - 2011 : Motorola ROKR E6e (Dead)
2011 - 2013 : Motorola RAZR XT910 (Alive)
2012 - 2013 : Sony Xperia Ray (Alive)
2012 - 2013 : Asus Nexus 7 (Alive)
2013 - 2014 : iBerry Auxus Nuclea N1 (Sold)
2014* : Motorola MOTO G XT1033 (Alive)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------