Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can anyone try Duke Nukem 3D please. Hows the performance like?

Tip us?

dukedoom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Can anyone try Duke Nukem 3D please. Hows the performance like?

So i've seen there is an android port by Machineworks that plays kinda smooth, but it sucks because it doesn't have the Atomic Edition fourth episode. Im not sure if you can use the duke3d.grp or any custom maps with that port.

I would like to know if Xperia Play is powerful enough to run dosbox with this game at a good framerate so I can play the Atomic Edition and all the mods like the DC and Caribean Edition

www dot youtube.com/watch?v=-AzkE7WiwvA

On this video it looks slow but im not sure if it's the video or the actual framerate sucks.

Thanks

ozzmanj1
Old
Thanks Meter 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedoom View Post
So i've seen there is an android port by Machineworks that plays kinda smooth, but it sucks because it doesn't have the Atomic Edition fourth episode. Im not sure if you can use the duke3d.grp or any custom maps with that port.

I would like to know if Xperia Play is powerful enough to run dosbox with this game at a good framerate so I can play the Atomic Edition and all the mods like the DC and Caribean Edition

www dot youtube.com/watch?v=-AzkE7WiwvA

On this video it looks slow but im not sure if it's the video or the actual framerate sucks.

Thanks
About 2.5 years ago I had an apk for Duke Nukem 3D that was not the one done by Machineworks, and it worked beautifully, and I even had Quake 2 and Quake 3 (http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/11/28...ia-play-video/)

dukedoom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
so where did you get that

that is just a link for a q3 port

ozzmanj1
Old
Thanks Meter 1496
I know the Q3 was a port. The duke3d I found back in 2011 but I can't find it. I'll keep searching.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app