Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 42,812 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help unbricking

Tip us?

AKShotgun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Default Need help unbricking

I recently tried to flash back to stock on my nexus 7 2013. i used the nrt 1.8 program and while in the middle of flashing the system i got failed unknown chunck type error. my nexus is currently bootlooping. how do i fix this and how to i get into recovery?
Current Devices

Moto Razr M (Stock 4.4.2)Main Phone
Moto Droid X2 (CM10 4.1.2)
Samsung Facinate(CM10.1 4.2.2)
2013 Nexus 7 (Stock Android L preview)
Chromecast

AKShotgun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Ok sorry for the lack of detail. I was kinda panicking. I was using NRT to reflash stock (the tablet was ok i just wanted to go back to stock because i had a custom kernel on) and i got a weird error when it was flashing the system. It said failed unknown chunck. I can boot up and it will have the google logo (which is a good sign) and idk how to get into bootloader. Can someone please help me with my issue. And yes i did try and use the force flash option.
Current Devices

Moto Razr M (Stock 4.4.2)Main Phone
Moto Droid X2 (CM10 4.1.2)
Samsung Facinate(CM10.1 4.2.2)
2013 Nexus 7 (Stock Android L preview)
Chromecast

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKShotgun View Post
Ok sorry for the lack of detail. I was kinda panicking. I was using NRT to reflash stock (the tablet was ok i just wanted to go back to stock because i had a custom kernel on) and i got a weird error when it was flashing the system. It said failed unknown chunck. I can boot up and it will have the google logo (which is a good sign) and idk how to get into bootloader. Can someone please help me with my issue. And yes i did try and use the force flash option.
Well, not sure what program you are referring to. But to get into the bootloader, turn off the tablet. Then, hold volume up + power. That'll get you into your bootloader. From there, use fastboot commands to flash the factory image.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

AarSyl
Old
Thanks Meter 706
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images - download the image for razor. The use fastboot to flash it, as the user above me suggested.

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Custom Rom & Kernel