Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T I527 Galaxy Mega Unlocked not working with MetroPCS

Tip us?

banks2878
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Default AT&T I527 Galaxy Mega Unlocked not working with MetroPCS

hey I got the AT&T Mega I527 the other day it was locked so I got unlock code but I get no calling/text/data I get a message Attention (Phone not allowed mm#6) Plase help I came from a AT&T unlocked S3 I747.. I ran the s3 with MetroPCS so I just swapped the sim to the Mega

banks2878
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks2878 View Post
hey I got the AT&T Mega I527 the other day it was locked so I got unlock code but I get no calling/text/data I get a message Attention (Phone not allowed mm#6) Plase help I came from a AT&T unlocked S3 I747.. I ran the s3 with MetroPCS so I just swapped the sim to the Mega
I had a friend come over he has a tmobile so I tried his sim and everything worked fine with his sim calls/text/data

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Were did you get the mega from as it kinda sounds like it has been blacklisted on a certain carrier depending on which carrier it was on when you got it, i could be wrong but i have seen this mentioned on the internet that is could be a IMEI blacklisted number to a certain carrier or maybe more then one carrier or see if you can get a new sim card from MetroPCS.

banks2878
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10 View Post
Were did you get the mega from as it kinda sounds like it has been blacklisted on a certain carrier depending on which carrier it was on when you got it, i could be wrong but i have seen this mentioned on the internet that is could be a IMEI blacklisted number to a certain carrier or maybe more then one carrier or see if you can get a new sim card from MetroPCS.
I bought it off craigslist which had me skeptical because last phone I got on there was reported stolen.. I checked the imei number on a few sites and it passed that's why I went ahead and got it.. after seeing my friends t mobile sim work I thought to call metro and tell them to switch my imei over so the sim would work in this phone, the guy from metro said that the imei is not showing in metro's database and could not switch it.. so its looking like I will try to activate a new account on t mobile with it!

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
I bought it off craigslist which had me skeptical because last phone I got on there was reported stolen.. I checked the imei number on a few sites and it passed that's why I went ahead and got it.. after seeing my friends t mobile sim work I thought to call metro and tell them to switch my imei over so the sim would work in this phone, the guy from metro said that the imei is not showing in metro's database and could not switch it.. so its looking like I will try to activate a new account on t mobile with it!
Forsure as that would be the best thing to do is start a new account and at least you know t-mobile works already on this mega..good luck and hope it all works great in the end for you.

banks2878
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Forsure as that would be the best thing to do is start a new account and at least you know t-mobile works already on this mega..good luck and hope it all works great in the end for you.
thanks!!! I went to walmart tonight and got the t mobile sim starter kit it comes with micro sim,100 minutes,unlimited text and data got everything set up working great in about 20 minutes just from activating it on t mobiles site.. im so glad this all got worked out and was honestly very easy!! as far as the plan im ok with the 100 minutes for now because my galaxy s3 is still activated through metro with unlimited everything for about 3 more weeks

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
thanks!!! I went to walmart tonight and got the t mobile sim starter kit it comes with micro sim,100 minutes,unlimited text and data got everything set up working great in about 20 minutes just from activating it on t mobiles site.. im so glad this all got worked out and was honestly very easy!! as far as the plan im ok with the 100 minutes for now because my galaxy s3 is still activated through metro with unlimited everything for about 3 more weeks
That is nice to hear..and you are good to go now. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I527M Mega 6.3

banks2878
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That is nice to hear..and you are good to go now. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I527M Mega 6.3
now after all that I run into this ----->> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50499976