XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case recommendations

Tip us?

damianiw
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Case recommendations

Any case recommendations other than the official one ?

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk
Damian
__________________________________________________ ___
Nvidia Tegra Note 7 (Advent Vega) on KitKat 4.4.2

Rooted with TomsGT - TegraNote 7 SuperTool 2.1 ~ Great Tool!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2627654
__________________________________________________ ___

fbales
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default No Hard Cases

I've looked and looked and can find no hard cases. Would love a Gumdrop, or UAG, or Ballistic case. I hope one of them does one soon. Until they do we're just stuck with that silly cover.

tsbrewers
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I would like to find one too. I use my tablet mostly on job sites, so I would like to see something with a little protection. I have considered the HP one, but there is a surprising lack of pictures showing the details of the case.

I think the note is close in size to the nexus tablet, but I don't know how much modding would have to be done for the camera and such to line up.

Brew

blade_
Old
Thanks Meter 50
bought this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121192887141...84.m1497.l2649

but i want something better

i cant understand why this tablet isnt famous..

Carlovski99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by damianiw View Post
Any case recommendations other than the official one ?

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk
I got one of these when they were selling for 99p + 99p postage. It's pretty bulky, and the quality isn't amazing, but can't complain for a pound, and the keyboard works pretty well, and is surprisingly decent - proper action on the keys.
Got an official cover too - which I kind of like, but seemed to get a lot more for my money with the keyboard case!

ickk
Old
Thanks Meter 113
I purchased this case for my TN7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181299426359

I have a screen protector but don't really like cases or covers that make thin devices fat so I opted for a case to store the device when it's not in use.

It took a while to get here, probably 2-3 weeks from the UK to southeast US.

It can store my accessories like a microusb OTG cable, a short micro+mini usb cables, screen wipe, 4g hotspot, and all of my sd cards + adapters and usb sticks. I would not recommend any wall chargers with this case, I have a relatively flat usb wallcharger and it is just too thick to go in the case with the tablet inside, to the extent I would worry about pressure against the screen.

I should make this clear though, this is a STORING CASE, not a case for usage. The first time I fastened the corners into the rubber strips one of them ripped. The case is a tough material on the outside, similar to a backpack material - but stiffer. I wouldn't rely on this case for anything other than holding my accessories and keeping my tablet safe in a bag while its not in use. That said, if I happened to drop the device in this case, I would not be afraid at all, it seemed cushioned on the inside and stiff on the outside.

I didn't return it despite a piece of it breaking as soon as I received it, all in all I'd say it was a useful addition just because it holds all my android accessories minus a wall charger.
TF101 16GB | 1.4Ghz | OMNI 4.4.2
TF201 32GB | 1.7Ghz | AOSPA 4.3.2
I9000 16GB | 1Ghz | AOSPA 4.4.2
Newest: EVGA Tegra Note 7