5,605,373 Members 41,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.x][UNOFFICIAL]Dirty Unicorns [Feb 13]

Tip us?
 
jamiethemorris
Old
#31  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 641
Posts: 1,493
Join Date: Jan 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkstwelve View Post
Just fyi Settings FCs when you try to enable a different keyboard other than Google Keyboard. Not only through whatever keyboard app, but also when you go into Settings > Language & Input > Default Keyboard.

Not that big of deal, just something I noticed. Tried with Kii and Swiftkey.
There was another ROM with the same issue and someone ousted the solution, I can't find it for the life of me right now. It was something like closing play store while the keyboard is installing, then rebooting something like that...

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:
Manic Harmonic
Fan Page
 
Gungrave223
Old
(Last edited by Gungrave223; 18th February 2014 at 05:30 PM.)
#32  
Gungrave223's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 249
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Carrollton
Umm not sure about before i started messing with the difference rom settings, but dont seem to have an led charging light now

umm really bad 4G download speed as well
 
mike_augie
Old
#33  
mike_augie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 420
Join Date: Apr 2012
anyway there would or might be a update in the works ... looks like some fixes that might make this better than it already is ?Just wondering
 
jamiethemorris
Old
#34  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 641
Posts: 1,493
Join Date: Jan 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_augie View Post
anyway there would or might be a update in the works ... looks like some fixes that might make this better than it already is ?Just wondering
I don't know. I'm kind of frustrated with this one right now because of the failed flash thing. I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I think I'm going to continue doing builds and just replace the updater binary but I really wanted to get it working properly so we could have official support.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:
Manic Harmonic
Fan Page
The Following User Says Thank You to jamiethemorris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mike_augie
Old
#35  
mike_augie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 420
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemorris View Post
I don't know. I'm kind of frustrated with this one right now because of the failed flash thing. I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I think I'm going to continue doing builds and just replace the updater binary but I really wanted to get it working properly so we could have official support.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
Yea thats kidna weird .. hope you can get it figured out .. I really am liking this one ...
 
jamiethemorris
Old
(Last edited by jamiethemorris; 31st March 2014 at 08:54 AM.)
#36  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 641
Posts: 1,493
Join Date: Jan 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
I just tried another build. Still fails to flash. I think maybe or doesn't like that I'm using Arch Linux. I may try another build on my MacBook Pro, which is running Ubuntu. I think at this point I should probably give up though. @zawata i don't know what os you use , but if you feel like giving this a try you are welcome to. Perhaps you'll have better luck than I did. You are welcome to look at my github for the derive tree, and if you want I can send you a patch that will fix all the kernel build errors without interfering with m7 builds, so that if it flashes correctly we can get official support.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

EDIT: here's the patch
Attached Files
File Type: patch du_kernel_fixes.patch - [Click for QR Code] (2.7 KB, 1 views)
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:
Manic Harmonic
Fan Page
 
zawata
Old
#37  
zawata's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 216
Posts: 409
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemorris View Post
I just tried another build. Still fails to flash. I think maybe or doesn't like that I'm using Arch Linux. I may try another build on my MacBook Pro, which is running Ubuntu. I think at this point I should probably give up though. @zawata i don't know what os you use , but if you feel like giving this a try you are welcome to. Perhaps you'll have better luck than I did. You are welcome to look at my github for the derive tree, and if you want I can send you a patch that will fix all the kernel build errors without interfering with m7 builds, so that if it flashes correctly we can get official support.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

EDIT: here's the patch
What's the problem?
I use Ubuntu 13.10 x64

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zawata View Post
What's the problem?
I use Ubuntu 13.10 x64

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
EDIT: if its a failed flash, I've got a solution for you
Well not a solution but it will definitely help

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
jamiethemorris
Old
#38  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 641
Posts: 1,493
Join Date: Jan 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zawata View Post
What's the problem?
I use Ubuntu 13.10 x64

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------



EDIT: if its a failed flash, I've got a solution for you
Well not a solution but it will definitely help

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It fails to execute the updater binary. If I replace the updater binary with one from another ROM, it flashes fine, but that's a workaround and not a solution. That's what I did for the build that's currently posted.

Oddly enough, it flashes just fine as a secondary ROM in multirom.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:
Manic Harmonic
Fan Page
 
zawata
Old
#39  
zawata's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 216
Posts: 409
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemorris View Post
It fails to execute the updater binary. If I replace the updater binary with one from another ROM, it flashes fine, but that's a workaround and not a solution. That's what I did for the build that's currently posted.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
Alright, can you post a corrupted build for me?
I learned how to troubleshoot failed flashes a while ago and it will be easier if I do it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to zawata For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jamiethemorris
Old
#40  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 641
Posts: 1,493
Join Date: Jan 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zawata View Post
Alright, can you post a corrupted build for me?
I learned how to troubleshoot failed flashes a while ago and it will be easier if I do it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yeah, I think i have it on my phone. I'll post it in a few minutes

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:
Manic Harmonic
Fan Page

The Following User Says Thank You to jamiethemorris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes