[Q] quick tips for checking z1 defects

Search This thread

zhane0513

Sep 2, 2010
Paco, Manila
i will be getting my z1 this weekend and i would just like to ask for tips on checking the unit for the most common defects so that i can replace it on the spot. i've already read about the yellow tint defects, how can i quickly check it if the unit have it? i also read about old screen panels being used and how would i know if old panel is used on the unit? i would really appreciate for more tips on checking the unit so that i could save time for going to the store again for replacements.

G

GuestX0057

i will be getting my z1 this weekend and i would just like to ask for tips on checking the unit for the most common defects so that i can replace it on the spot. i've already read about the yellow tint defects, how can i quickly check it if the unit have it? i also read about old screen panels being used and how would i know if old panel is used on the unit? i would really appreciate for more tips on checking the unit so that i could save time for going to the store again for replacements.

If you have the opportunity to, then test sliding keyboards and apps that require scrolling. Test them with the phone in your hands and on a flat surface without touching the frames. If scrolling stutters or cuts off and if sliding keyboards don't work then that device could have a known problem with the touchscreen. You can also try the pattern lock to test for this.

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City

@zhane0513 for the yellow hue, it is noticeable on the gray areas like the notification bar when you pull it down. It's yellowish than grayish. It's better also if you have other Xperia phones to compare it with like for example the demo unit of Z1 (provided that the demo unit doesn't have this issue) or any other Xperia unit that's on display.

Reactions: zhane0513

xXFlippyXx

May 17, 2012
Concerning the yellow hue: I've only realized that I have the yellow hue after I changed to a blue theme. It was definitely notable with a blue background

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: zhane0513

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@zhane0513 for the yellow hue, it is noticeable on the gray areas like the notification bar when you pull it down. It's yellowish than grayish. It's better also if you have other Xperia phones to compare it with like for example the demo unit of Z1 (provided that the demo unit doesn't have this issue) or any other Xperia unit that's on display.
    Concerning the yellow hue: I've only realized that I have the yellow hue after I changed to a blue theme. It was definitely notable with a blue background

it has been like that with all of the phones i have had from sony... arc s, xperia s, xperia z... and now this :p