Originally Posted by curiousmike
So, I had Philz Touch as the recovery - I installed the latest TWRP, then re-installed the stock firmware.
DownloadMode now no longer shows the text in the upper left (ODIN MODE/product/current/system).
1. If i boot the tablet all the way into android, then boot Odin, it will see the tablet and give it an ID (but I can't flash a firmware from here.)
2. If i boot the tablet into download mode, then boot Odin, Odin will *not* see the tablet.
So just trying to understand your process...
1. You power up the device with power + vdown to enter download mode. Is that correct?
2. If 1 is correct then you see "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" and in the upper left you see ODIN MODE
, or words to that effect?
3. If 1 & 2 are correct, you then connect the USB cable to your device and then connect to the PC.
4. Next you RIGHT CLICK on ODIN 3.0x and select "Run as administrator". (Assuming Windows based PC)
5. In ODIN, do you see ID:COM 0:[COMx]
where x is a COM port? The box should be a blue color. In the Message box should be <ID:0/00x> Added!!
where x equals the COM port.
Is this what you have when #2 of your post is done? As for #1, if you boot into Android, I do not believe you can really do anything with ODIN. I just booted my P5210 into normal operating and connect to my PC. I have access to the storage so I can move files to/from the device. I then started ODIN and get the same as step 5 above, but I am sure I cannot download anything. I did not take it any further that just opening ODIN.