Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] RUU 4.08.605.2 Update Problems

OP Evhoch

21st February 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have a virgin HTC Incredible that I was hoping to unlock and root. Never been touched before. Following the guide on HTCdev, to unlock my bootloader, I need to update to 4.08.605.2 from 4.08.605.19 that I'm on now. I downloaded the RUU and HTC Sync to get the drivers. Everytime I run the RUU, it will run through the program like normal, but the update won't work. The program says that it was successful, and the phone reboots, but it has not updated or even been reset. The program runs through this cycle in about 30 seconds. I have searched all over the threads for this but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. Hopefully someone has a solution.

Thanks,
Evhoch
21st February 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,357

8,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evhoch

I have a virgin HTC Incredible that I was hoping to unlock and root. Never been touched before. Following the guide on HTCdev, to unlock my bootloader, I need to update to 4.08.605.2 from 4.08.605.19 that I'm on now. I downloaded the RUU and HTC Sync to get the drivers. Everytime I run the RUU, it will run through the program like normal, but the update won't work. The program says that it was successful, and the phone reboots, but it has not updated or even been reset. The program runs through this cycle in about 30 seconds. I have searched all over the threads for this but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. Hopefully someone has a solution.

Thanks,
Evhoch

Have you tried just unlocking via HTCdev and not worrying about your firmware version? As long as HBOOT is 1.02 or newer it should work. 4.08.605.2 is older than 4.08.605.19 so it's normal that a locked stock phone will not downgrade.
21st February 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

Have you tried just unlocking via HTCdev and not worrying about your firmware version? As long as HBOOT is 1.02 or newer it should work. 4.08.605.2 is older than 4.08.605.19 so it's normal that a locked stock phone will not downgrade.

Nope I haven't. 4.08.605.19 is newer? It went down in numbers? My HBOOT is 1.02 so I will definitely try this tonight. On the HTCdev site it says to use the .2 or newer so you can see how I would assume .19 is a version older. Thanks for your help.
21st February 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2,073

3,923 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evhoch

Nope I haven't. 4.08.605.19 is newer? It went down in numbers? On the HTCdev site it says to use the .2 or newer so you can see how I would assume .19 is a version older.

Not really. What you're probably not getting is that those aren't the only two versions. And...

19 > 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread