Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need some help....

Tip us?

asnpdirtezw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need some help....

Hey guys, havent been on the forums in awhile, my buddy has an HTC One Max that he wanted to root/rom, we've had some trouble, was up to the new ROM however it wasn't getting service from sprint, pretty much wanted to go back to stock and just not worry about any of this, i have read through some of the RUU threads and such but im having a good amount of trouble. Could i get some help? i am able to send commands to the phone but cant get into anything else, keeps going to fastboot when phone is restart. believe it is locked in fastboot. Let me know any info you need.

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 628

DONATE TO ME
I think you have re-locked your phone as of now. If you have re-locked it you need to run the RUU or flash the ROM.zip via hboot. you can find the RUU in couple of threads now..
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750

asnpdirtezw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
while attempting to flash the RUU i continue to get the error FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail) Everything else seems to go fine until i get to that point.

DeadPhoenix
Old
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asnpdirtezw View Post
while attempting to flash the RUU i continue to get the error FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail) Everything else seems to go fine until i get to that point.
As pradeepvizz said you need to make sure your bootloader is Locked/Re-Locked to run the RUU it would also be good measure to have a stock Recovery installed.
Cell:
Phone: HTC One Max (Verizon)
S-Off: Rumrunner Verizon
Rom: Stock
Recovery: TWRP

Tablet: Nexus 10 16GB Wi-Fi
Memory: 16GB Internal
Rom: Paranoid Android
Recovery: CWM

Retired Devices:
iPhone 5 16GB Black (Verizon) <- Verizon Motorola RAZR HD 16GB <- Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue 16GB <- Verizon Galaxy Nexus

asnpdirtezw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhoenix View Post
As pradeepvizz said you need to make sure your bootloader is Locked/Re-Locked to run the RUU it would also be good measure to have a stock Recovery installed.
I was sure to re-lock the unit, dont think i had flashed over a stock recovery now that i think about it, ill try that and get back to you.

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 628

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Do you mean you tried to flash it via command prompt on the PC?
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750

asnpdirtezw
Old
(Last edited by asnpdirtezw; 21st February 2014 at 01:22 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That is correct, i managed to unlock it again so i could attempt to flash the stock recovery and see if i could flash the RUU that way but it keeps giving me an error.

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That is correct, i managed to unlock it again so i could attempt to flash the stock recovery and see if i could flash the RUU that way but it keeps giving me an error.
Weird because because I ruu the other day. But I'm also unlocked and soff

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 628

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
well since you are unlocked again, i would suggest to go ahead and install an Custom ROM. I know you had problems with Sprint when you did if the first time, but do try again with the following checks

1. Make sure you get the proper ROM for your phone - i assume your phone is from Sprint and so download the Sprint variant and not the international or anything else.

2. Use TWRP recovery for flashing the ROM. we have had users reporting similar issues when CWM was used.