Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken power button

Tip us?

TA123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Broken power button

Got a trouble with the power button recently. To make it work I have to take the back cover off and then it push it. Does anyone know if it is possible to fix?
Nexus 4 16Gb rooted, Franco Kernel 201

nestul
Old
(Last edited by nestul; 31st January 2014 at 11:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
I have it broken now too. It can be replaced by desoldering and soldering a new one. They are cheap on eBay. If you can't fix it yourself take it to a phone/computer shop.
My phone autostarts when connecting the USB port because i am using devil kernel, and i have slim bean ROM, with hardware keys enabled and the function to turn off the screen assigned to long press menu button. I can also turn off the phone using this ROM via another touch controls in the drawer (long press over turn off touch button). So i don't have to take the back cover off.

P.S: i supposed that you were talking about the screwed internal back cover. If not, and the problem is with your plastic material then another solution should be possible.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nestul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tetakpatak
Old
Thanks Meter 1480
@TA123 if you have root, you can use app QuickBoot to access recovery or to turn off. Turning on, however, won't be easy....
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * my threads on XDA forum: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
i9000 full guide, N7100 / t0lte dual-boot FAQ thread, S8000 JÚt dual-boot full guide, ADB & fastboot install guide for Ubuntu

Madricks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The only way with I've found if the phone won't start, is to bring it into download mode and flashing the pitfile via Odin.

Gesendet von meinem Optimus 4X HD mit Tapatalk

pryerlee
Old
(Last edited by pryerlee; 21st February 2014 at 07:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 113
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=850464