Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 43,437 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Alarm and youtube

Tip us?
 
yasje
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 94
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Utrecht
Default Alarm and youtube

Hello all,

I want to my alarm goes off when my mobile is shut down and yes this is possible on my htc it was possible also..
anyonebody can help me with it? i use harsjelly+ cocore.

Now the next thing:
when i watch or lisetn youtube and press power button to turn the screen black the youtube stops... :S
is there a way youtube still contineu playing when screen is on black?

I hope you guys can help me!

Cheers!
 
shut_down
Old
#2  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3,370
Posts: 7,472
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Belgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasje View Post
Hello all,

I want to my alarm goes off when my mobile is shut down and yes this is possible on my htc it was possible also..
anyonebody can help me with it? i use harsjelly+ cocore.

Now the next thing:
when i watch or lisetn youtube and press power button to turn the screen black the youtube stops... :S
is there a way youtube still contineu playing when screen is on black?

I hope you guys can help me!

Cheers!
For Youtube try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...99&postcount=5

For alarm I have no idea.
 
yasje
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 94
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Utrecht
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
For Youtube try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...99&postcount=5

For alarm I have no idea.
Thanks for the reply but i not gonna download it what is from 2 years ago... its very outdated...

But thanks for your help!
 
shut_down
Old
(Last edited by shut_down; 16th February 2014 at 01:37 PM.)
#4  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3,370
Posts: 7,472
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Belgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasje View Post
Thanks for the reply but i not gonna download it what is from 2 years ago... its very outdated...

But thanks for your help!
Search for some similar app then.

There are some Youtube apps on Playstore that works in background, but they are not same as Youtube app.
 
yasje
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 94
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Utrecht
BUMP
 
anantttt
Old
#6  
anantttt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 147
Posts: 216
Join Date: Mar 2013
Htc phones have fastboot.
When you switch off your device, the phone does not actually shut down. It hibernates. It goes to a low power mode. The kernel is still active.
This is why htc boots quite fast, in less than 6secs.
And That is why alarm works even after it is switched off. In samsung, this is not possible as the phone is completely turned off.

As for youtube, i saw an app pvstar which played videos in background. Other than that i have no idea.
 
shut_down
Old
#7  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3,370
Posts: 7,472
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Belgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasje View Post
BUMP
Search is very usefull thingy.
 
yasje
Old
(Last edited by Jonny; 21st February 2014 at 08:50 AM.)
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 94
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Utrecht
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantttt View Post
Htc phones have fastboot.
When you switch off your device, the phone does not actually shut down. It hibernates. It goes to a low power mode. The kernel is still active.
This is why htc boots quite fast, in less than 6secs.
And That is why alarm works even after it is switched off. In samsung, this is not possible as the phone is completely turned off.

As for youtube, i saw an app pvstar which played videos in background. Other than that i have no idea.

thanks for the info!

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
 
Jonny
Old
#9  
Jonny's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,001
Posts: 7,978
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cheshire

 
DONATE TO ME
Thread closed, OP I edited out your insults. If you want help, insulting users is the wrong thing to do, remember, its your problem, not ours.

Additionally its against the forum rules to start chucking insults around and if it continues your ability to post will magically stop working

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more

Google Play Services Updated to Version 6.1

In addition to Android operating system proper, Google is focusing hard on giving the developers … more

CyanogenMod 11 M10 Available for Supported Devices

Summer vacation isover for most students out there, and it’s the time to get back to … more

XDA Forums Added for the First Batch of Android One Devices!

Just yesterday, we talked about the highly anticipated launch of the first batch … more