Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 51,785 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Grand Duos update to 4.2.2 differences

Tip us?
 
rockinrob
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default [Q] Galaxy Grand Duos update to 4.2.2 differences

Hi,

I updated the Samsung firmware/software (or whatever it's called) today from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 Kernel 3.0.31-2212686.

I have noticed a couple of niggling little differences in the operation of my phone and am wondering how to change these back to the way they were BEFORE I updated.

1) When typing my PIN code on the lock screen, the phone vibrates. It never used to. How do I change it back?

2) When I receive a text message, I now get a preview of the message on my lock screen. I never used to get those either. How do I change it back?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
 
bloxxzone
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrob View Post
Hi,

I updated the Samsung firmware/software (or whatever it's called) today from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 Kernel 3.0.31-2212686.

I have noticed a couple of niggling little differences in the operation of my phone and am wondering how to change these back to the way they were BEFORE I updated.

1) When typing my PIN code on the lock screen, the phone vibrates. It never used to. How do I change it back?

2) When I receive a text message, I now get a preview of the message on my lock screen. I never used to get those either. How do I change it back?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
just keep playing with the setting.. once you found it you can disable all of it
 
rockinrob
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloxxzone View Post
just keep playing with the setting.. once you found it you can disable all of it
I've been playing and playing and playing with the settings. I can't find the ones that enable me to do this. Help! (Please? Someone?)
 
RubenGo
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2013
Going to messages then touch menu button and select settings

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
 
DMJoh
Old
#5  
DMJoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 447
Posts: 390
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Port of Kochi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrob View Post
Hi,

I updated the Samsung firmware/software (or whatever it's called) today from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 Kernel 3.0.31-2212686.

I have noticed a couple of niggling little differences in the operation of my phone and am wondering how to change these back to the way they were BEFORE I updated.

1) When typing my PIN code on the lock screen, the phone vibrates. It never used to. How do I change it back?

2) When I receive a text message, I now get a preview of the message on my lock screen. I never used to get those either. How do I change it back?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Go to Settings and disable Vibrate on touch.
To remove previewing message, go to settings from inbox and by the end you can uncheck preview messages,
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power
The Following User Says Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rockinrob
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJoh View Post
Go to Settings and disable Vibrate on touch.
To remove previewing message, go to settings from inbox and by the end you can uncheck preview messages,
Hi DMJoh, and thanks for your input.

I did finally find the setting to undo the preview messages, so ... YES!! Thanks for that! Much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I'm not finding the Vibrate on Touch setting. The update seems to have changed about all my settings and put them into four categories: Connections, My Device, Accounts, ...More, with subcategories under each main category.

I cannot find the Vibrate on Touch setting anywhere. I even looked under My Device/Lock Screen as I thought the settings would be there what with all the vibrating happening on the lock screen, but it is not there, either.

Any ideas? Thanks
 
DMJoh
Old
#7  
DMJoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 447
Posts: 390
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Port of Kochi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrob View Post
Hi DMJoh, and thanks for your input.

I did finally find the setting to undo the preview messages, so ... YES!! Thanks for that! Much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I'm not finding the Vibrate on Touch setting. The update seems to have changed about all my settings and put them into four categories: Connections, My Device, Accounts, ...More, with subcategories under each main category.

I cannot find the Vibrate on Touch setting anywhere. I even looked under My Device/Lock Screen as I thought the settings would be there what with all the vibrating happening on the lock screen, but it is not there, either.

Any ideas? Thanks
Actually, what you mentioned is your phone vibrates when you touch keypad for entering PIN code to unlock right, actually this is not happenong with me.i tried it in an older 4.2.2, if u are on the latest B1 update, i am not sure how it works, i reverted back from B1 as its almost stuck all the time in my phone, if its okay with you try a factory reset, but am not sure this will solve your problem.
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power

The Following User Says Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA Forums Added for the First Batch of Android One Devices!

Just yesterday, we talked about the highly anticipated launch of the first batch … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: DonkeyGuard, Don’t Be a Donkey, Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV

Some applications ask for the world … more

Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more