Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Connect ALL THE THINGS with Xender

Smartphones, with all of their all connectivity options courtesy of OEMs, can easily connect themselves … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy Grand Duos update to 4.2.2 differences

OP rockinrob

18th February 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi,

I updated the Samsung firmware/software (or whatever it's called) today from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 Kernel 3.0.31-2212686.

I have noticed a couple of niggling little differences in the operation of my phone and am wondering how to change these back to the way they were BEFORE I updated.

1) When typing my PIN code on the lock screen, the phone vibrates. It never used to. How do I change it back?

2) When I receive a text message, I now get a preview of the message on my lock screen. I never used to get those either. How do I change it back?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
19th February 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrob

Hi,

I updated the Samsung firmware/software (or whatever it's called) today from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 Kernel 3.0.31-2212686.

I have noticed a couple of niggling little differences in the operation of my phone and am wondering how to change these back to the way they were BEFORE I updated.

1) When typing my PIN code on the lock screen, the phone vibrates. It never used to. How do I change it back?

2) When I receive a text message, I now get a preview of the message on my lock screen. I never used to get those either. How do I change it back?

Thanks.

just keep playing with the setting.. once you found it you can disable all of it
19th February 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloxxzone

just keep playing with the setting.. once you found it you can disable all of it

I've been playing and playing and playing with the settings. I can't find the ones that enable me to do this. Help! (Please? Someone?)
20th February 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Going to messages then touch menu button and select settings

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #5  
Flag Port of Kochi
Thanks Meter: 450

390 posts
More
Quote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Go to Settings and disable Vibrate on touch.
To remove previewing message, go to settings from inbox and by the end you can uncheck preview messages,
The Following User Says Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJoh

Go to Settings and disable Vibrate on touch.
To remove previewing message, go to settings from inbox and by the end you can uncheck preview messages,

Hi DMJoh, and thanks for your input.

I did finally find the setting to undo the preview messages, so ... YES!! Thanks for that! Much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I'm not finding the Vibrate on Touch setting. The update seems to have changed about all my settings and put them into four categories: Connections, My Device, Accounts, ...More, with subcategories under each main category.

I cannot find the Vibrate on Touch setting anywhere. I even looked under My Device/Lock Screen as I thought the settings would be there what with all the vibrating happening on the lock screen, but it is not there, either.

Any ideas? Thanks
21st February 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #7  
Flag Port of Kochi
Thanks Meter: 450

390 posts
More
Quote:

Hi DMJoh, and thanks for your input.

I did finally find the setting to undo the preview messages, so ... YES!! Thanks for that! Much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I'm not finding the Vibrate on Touch setting. The update seems to have changed about all my settings and put them into four categories: Connections, My Device, Accounts, ...More, with subcategories under each main category.

I cannot find the Vibrate on Touch setting anywhere. I even looked under My Device/Lock Screen as I thought the settings would be there what with all the vibrating happening on the lock screen, but it is not there, either.

Any ideas? Thanks

Actually, what you mentioned is your phone vibrates when you touch keypad for entering PIN code to unlock right, actually this is not happenong with me.i tried it in an older 4.2.2, if u are on the latest B1 update, i am not sure how it works, i reverted back from B1 as its almost stuck all the time in my phone, if its okay with you try a factory reset, but am not sure this will solve your problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread