Post Reply

[Q] Battery Issues - baseband_xmm_power wakelock

23rd January 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Hi and thanks for reading.

I have the issue where the baseband xmm power wakelock keeps my phone from sleeping much at all. I have read so many threads and information on this but still am not any wiser.

This happened on stock as well as CM 10.2 and Viper X 4.0.6 which I am on now. As soon as I disable wifi even without rebooting the wakelock massively reduces. To reproduce this issue all I have to do is turn off the screen and the wakelock counter will go up. As an interesting point when I do disable it the deleted wakelocks show a very high number in BBS but my battery life is tons better.

I have tried all the normal things like disabling/uninstalling/factory resetting. Am I correct in believing this is to do with the kernel or wifi driver? If so which do you suggest I try or what can I do about it. I don't think it is my router as it happens at both work and at home.

Any advice appreciated. This has taken up so much of my time and is so frustrating.

Thanks
18th February 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
bump.. any help appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0803

Hi and thanks for reading.

I have the issue where the baseband xmm power wakelock keeps my phone from sleeping much at all. I have read so many threads and information on this but still am not any wiser.

This happened on stock as well as CM 10.2 and Viper X 4.0.6 which I am on now. As soon as I disable wifi even without rebooting the wakelock massively reduces. To reproduce this issue all I have to do is turn off the screen and the wakelock counter will go up. As an interesting point when I do disable it the deleted wakelocks show a very high number in BBS but my battery life is tons better.

I have tried all the normal things like disabling/uninstalling/factory resetting. Am I correct in believing this is to do with the kernel or wifi driver? If so which do you suggest I try or what can I do about it. I don't think it is my router as it happens at both work and at home.

Any advice appreciated. This has taken up so much of my time and is so frustrating.

Thanks

19th February 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #3  
Bobbi lim's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
425 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0803

Hi and thanks for reading.

I have the issue where the baseband xmm power wakelock keeps my phone from sleeping much at all. I have read so many threads and information on this but still am not any wiser.

This happened on stock as well as CM 10.2 and Viper X 4.0.6 which I am on now. As soon as I disable wifi even without rebooting the wakelock massively reduces. To reproduce this issue all I have to do is turn off the screen and the wakelock counter will go up. As an interesting point when I do disable it the deleted wakelocks show a very high number in BBS but my battery life is tons better.

I have tried all the normal things like disabling/uninstalling/factory resetting. Am I correct in believing this is to do with the kernel or wifi driver? If so which do you suggest I try or what can I do about it. I don't think it is my router as it happens at both work and at home.

Any advice appreciated. This has taken up so much of my time and is so frustrating.

Thanks

This has been discussed quite a few times already. It has something to do with network.
All I can suggest to you is that set the network to manual so that it won't be having so much wakelock on your phone. That's all I can suggest or go for a 4.4 rom and select manual network and the wakelock never appear (for me)
19th February 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi lim

This has been discussed quite a few times already. It has something to do with network.
All I can suggest to you is that set the network to manual so that it won't be having so much wakelock on your phone. That's all I can suggest or go for a 4.4 rom and select manual network and the wakelock never appear (for me)

Thanks for your reply. Manually selecting a network doesn't seem to do anything for me. Is there a 4.4 rom you could recommend me? And any specific kernel?

Cheers again
21st February 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #5  
Bobbi lim's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
425 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0803

Thanks for your reply. Manually selecting a network doesn't seem to do anything for me. Is there a 4.4 rom you could recommend me? And any specific kernel?

Cheers again

I would go for AICP or cm11 personally but that's just my opinion. I've not given the rest of them a try so I can't say for them
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes