Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 36,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] game to test phone

Tip us?

hanielserrato
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] game to test phone

So I'm looking for a phone for my mom. So I went to the store, took a look at the phones and they all seemed to perform well (like mine when I tried it at the store) but I don't want to take it home, install a game and have lag while playing it. So is there a game I can install at the store and see how well the performance of the phone is? I know that wont factor in real life use but I'm assuming if it can run a cpu/gpu intensive game, then it can handle the other minor things she will do on it with no lag.

hanielserrato
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanielserrato View Post
So I'm looking for a phone for my mom. So I went to the store, took a look at the phones and they all seemed to perform well (like mine when I tried it at the store) but I don't want to take it home, install a game and have lag while playing it. So is there a game I can install at the store and see how well the performance of the phone is? I know that wont factor in real life use but I'm assuming if it can run a cpu/gpu intensive game, then it can handle the other minor things she will do on it with no lag.
Well I guess there isn't a specific game that I could run to see a phones performance. So is there anything I can do on it. I've read that swipping through home screens and zooming in and out on a browser can show you lag if any. Any suggestion would help, thanks.

aureljared
Old
Thanks Meter 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanielserrato View Post
Well I guess there isn't a specific game that I could run to see a phones performance. So is there anything I can do on it. I've read that swipping through home screens and zooming in and out on a browser can show you lag if any. Any suggestion would help, thanks.
Try opening Maps and see if you have scrolling lags. Also, see if there are lags when you change apps.

Hope I helped

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

If I helped you in any way, just hit the Thanks button!

---------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730 (CyanogenMod 11 / Android 4.4.4 by szezso)
---------------------------------------
General Development Thread CM Building Tutorial
Sign/Zipalign Script Enhanced VRTheme Template
Project CyanogenMod: GT-I8730 AOSP Icons + 1% Battery MOD