XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] quick tips for checking z1 defects

Tip us?

zhane0513
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] quick tips for checking z1 defects

i will be getting my z1 this weekend and i would just like to ask for tips on checking the unit for the most common defects so that i can replace it on the spot. i've already read about the yellow tint defects, how can i quickly check it if the unit have it? i also read about old screen panels being used and how would i know if old panel is used on the unit? i would really appreciate for more tips on checking the unit so that i could save time for going to the store again for replacements.

akselic
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhane0513 View Post
i will be getting my z1 this weekend and i would just like to ask for tips on checking the unit for the most common defects so that i can replace it on the spot. i've already read about the yellow tint defects, how can i quickly check it if the unit have it? i also read about old screen panels being used and how would i know if old panel is used on the unit? i would really appreciate for more tips on checking the unit so that i could save time for going to the store again for replacements.
If you have the opportunity to, then test sliding keyboards and apps that require scrolling. Test them with the phone in your hands and on a flat surface without touching the frames. If scrolling stutters or cuts off and if sliding keyboards don't work then that device could have a known problem with the touchscreen. You can also try the pattern lock to test for this.
The Following User Says Thank You to akselic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ermond012
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhane0513 View Post
@zhane0513 for the yellow hue, it is noticeable on the gray areas like the notification bar when you pull it down. It's yellowish than grayish. It's better also if you have other Xperia phones to compare it with like for example the demo unit of Z1 (provided that the demo unit doesn't have this issue) or any other Xperia unit that's on display.
The Following User Says Thank You to ermond012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xXFlippyXx
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Concerning the yellow hue: I've only realized that I have the yellow hue after I changed to a blue theme. It was definitely notable with a blue background

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to xXFlippyXx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HellRoot
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXFlippyXx View Post
Concerning the yellow hue: I've only realized that I have the yellow hue after I changed to a blue theme. It was definitely notable with a blue background

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
it has been like that with all of the phones i have had from sony... arc s, xperia s, xperia z... and now this :P
Sony Xperia Z1 Black (The beast ov Hell)

Rom: monX
Kernel: stock / doomkernel
SD: Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

Sony Xperia Z Black. (Minion of the beast)

Rom: eXistence
Kernel : DoomKernel.
SD : Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

My mods (from when i had an S4... no more )
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Stock camera No Sound
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Sony themed stock message app
Samsung GS4 (i9505): [MEA] Black statusbar
The Following User Says Thank You to HellRoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zhane0513
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
thanks for the tips guys