App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[Q] Huawei G700-u20 - Root/custom rom help needed

21st February 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
Hi guys!

Great forum. Goot my first Android device ever yesterday: Huawei G700-U20. I would like to root it and add a Custom rom (KitKat 4.4).

Got some problems in the first stage tough: installed Framaroot (and my phone is supposed to be supported according to the list), but when opening the app it says: "Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot"

What am I doing wrong?

It this the only opportunity to root the phone? As you can see - I'm very unexperienced, so please bear with me
The Following User Says Thank You to alexeliasson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
Wink we need to wait too much for 4.4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeliasson

Hi guys!

Great forum. Goot my first Android device ever yesterday: Huawei G700-U20. I would like to root it and add a Custom rom (KitKat 4.4).

Got some problems in the first stage tough: installed Framaroot (and my phone is supposed to be supported according to the list), but when opening the app it says: "Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot"

What am I doing wrong?

It this the only opportunity to root the phone? As you can see - I'm very unexperienced, so please bear with me

aleselison,

i think we need to wait too much for a update of Kitkat 4.4.2 for our G700 to get that
26th February 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by talvigi

aleselison,

i think we need to wait too much for a update of Kitkat 4.4.2 for our G700 to get that

But if I root it and use custom rom, I should be able to get it - no?
The Following User Says Thank You to alexeliasson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #4  

23 posts
Quote:

But if I root it and use custom rom, I should be able to get it - no?

That is the real Question Dear Alexe;

which custom ROM, Did you find any for G700?
IF yes then please mention it in the comments i would love to do it too.

waiting for your reply
Last edited by talvigi; 27th February 2014 at 11:32 AM.
15th March 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #5  
Flag bangalore

76 posts
More
There is No custom KitKat ROM for the G700 series. We will need to wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to HawkEye For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 20

73 posts
Quote:

Hi guys!

What am I doing wrong?

I have the same phone, I used eroot to do the rooting without any problem.
http://huaweinews.com/2013/10/root-ascend-g700/
21st April 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #7  

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyren

I have the same phone, I used eroot to do the rooting without any problem.
http://huaweinews.com/2013/10/root-ascend-g700/

Rooting Huawei is not the problem, you can do it very easily with the help of farmaroot app with out any PC.

But the real question is whether we have any good advantage of rooting this mobile if there is no custom ROM or any other type of update available in the market, than what is the best use of rooting and cracking your warranty.
21st April 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 20

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by talvigi

Rooting Huawei is not the problem, you can do it very easily with the help of farmaroot app with out any PC.

But the real question is whether we have any good advantage of rooting this mobile if there is no custom ROM or any other type of update available in the market, than what is the best use of rooting and cracking your warranty.

He was asking if there was other options to root the phone other than framaroot, so I just told him one other option

On the other side, yes its true that there are no custom roms for the U20. But that is not the only reason for rooting a phone since there are several apps that do require a rooted device.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread